Twenty-six

(Edited: 3rd, May 2018)

"I'm scared, Becky." I sighed through my nose.

I stood in front of Holland as she smoothed down her dress, again. It was a pretty floral pattern, with bright colored flowers covering the white fabric. She had on some white strappy wedges, and her make-up was light, nude and perfect, just like her hair.

"You have no reason to be scared, Holland. It's just a date, and I'll only be inside with Kyle if anything happens, okay?"

She nodded, albeit nervously. I'd already reassured her she looked
great, and she truly did. Holland was always confident about how she looked, but she always wanted to lose some weight, even though she only weighed about 125 lbs, and she was a cheerleader, which I loved about her. She wasn't one of those stereotypical clichè thin, blond, dumb cheerleaders, she was just her.

But I knew she was nervous about Sebastian finding out, more than anything. Apparently, he had really changed since I left.

The door opened and Kyle popped his head in, then walked in when he saw us. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and gave me a quick peck on the lips, before turning to look at Holland.

"Everything's ready downstairs, and Keenan is waiting, so I think you should get down there before he passes out from nerves." He said, smirking a little.

I slapped his stomach, and smiled at Holland. She took a deep breath before exiting my room. I could here the sounds of her shoes clacking against the stairs as she descended them, and the echo of her walking away.

We had decided to host the date at my house. Even though I had moved back into the clubhouse, I used my house freely, and however I wanted too.

I turned to Kyle, and wrapped my arms around his waist, looking up at him. He smiled and leant down, pressing his lips to mine. I matched his intensity, it was getting heated very quicky.

Kyle pushed me back until I was against the wall, our lips never losing contact. His hands skimmed under my shirt, squeezing my hips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling at his hair, and jumped up, trying to wrap my legs around his waist.

Startled, Kyle didn't try and catch me, so I ended up falling to the floor, hitting my head on the wall.

I looked up at Kyle, shocked.

"Oh god, Becky I'm so sorry. I didn't mean... I was... I'm so sorry." Kyle grabbed my arm, and hauled me up off the floor.

A bark of laughter left my lips, and I found myself laughing, doubled over, nearly in tears.

I didn't know why it was that funny, but Kyle was totally freaking out, saying I probably had a concussion.

I picked my phone up off the floor, where it had slid out of my pocket, and snapped a picture of Kyle.

"Babe, calm down. I'm fine, it's just a small bump." I said, wrapping my arms around his waist.

He sighed, hugging me back. We both collapsed onto my bed, letting the silence blanket us.

I thought about what happened a month ago, how Jason had announced the Cobra's were suspected of working with the Silver Blades.

Kyle and I became official that night, and here we are a month later.

2 weeks ago Zamon and Jason came to tell me that Adam had bought an old warehouse, and that it was being remodeled to house over 100 people. It was pretty obvious what he was doing. He was moving into town.

I was the only person that knew about it other than Jason and Zamon. I couldn't even tell Kyle, because I was scared. I was scared of what would happen to me, or my friends. What if Adam used the people I loved against me?

Kyle had been suspicious when he saw Jason and Zamon walking out of my room. He had walked in asking me what had happened but he realized I was nearly in tears.

My phone buzzed with a text, and I read it with a sinking feeling in my stomach.

Zamon;7:21pm- Just thought I'd tell you, one of our guys has spotted Adam and about 150 men moving into the warehouse he bought. It's started. I want you and Kyle at the clubhouse as soon as possible, leave Keenan to his date, the kid needs a break.

"We're needed at the clubhouse." I told Kyle, grabbing his hand and pulling him after me.

We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, where we could see Keenan and Holland laughing outside. I grabbed a notepad and scribbled a message down, not wanting to disturb them.

I walked out the front door, as I hadn't bothered to park my car in the garage. We both hopped in, before I drove off in the direction of the clubhouse.

***
All the members of the Blood Nomads stood in the big hall, waiting for Jason to speak about what the big emergency is.

"Sorry for the sudden meeting, but this is important." Jason started off.
"We now know that The King Cobra's from Florida have moved into town. Their leader, Adam King, bought an old shipping factory in the industrial side of town, and has fixed it up to accommodate over 100 people. We believe he is after our gang, or a specific member, Rebecca. Now, I want Rebecca to be with at least one member at all times for her protection, which shouldn't be hard." He looked at Kyle and raised his eyebrows, which he nodded in return.

"And if worst comes to worst, protect her with your life, as she is your family, as we all are."

"No!, I'm not letting anybody die for me."I glared at Jason.

"And why not?" Zamon questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because for 2 years I believed it was my fault my parents were dead, and I'm not going through that again, because this time i'd know the truth."

He sighed, before looking at Jason, who nodded at him.

"Fine, but Kyle has to be with you 24/7." I was fine with that, but Zamon looked less then pleased.