Twenty-two

(Edited: 3rd, May 2018)

"I told you to leave, to never come back. You're a snitch, and you know that we hate snitches." Zamon sneered down at me, his eyes hard.

"I'm not a snitch." I said defensively.

He laughed sarcastically and started walking down the stairs, off of the stage toward me.

"Then where did you get the files
Rebecca?"He spat my name as if it were poison.

This was the hard part. Zamon said he'd met my father, yet my father was plotting against him to bring his gang down.

"Last week I came back from my house with a gash on my head. I told you someone broke in, which I found out was Hunter Michaels. He was trying to break into my father's safe where the files were, but I think he was actually looking for these." I said holding my hand out with the hard drives. He stared at them with a small frown, then looked back up at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What's on them?" I was glad some of the hardness had seeped out of his voice.

"I don't know. I wanted to give them to you to look at. These were also in the safe, but when I tried to go through the files it didn't work because they were encrypted. When you left Cali and I stayed I went to visit an old friend. He decrypted them, but when he did decrypt them, a virus downloaded on his computer, so he came here to give them to me."

"So?" He said, probably sensing I hadn't gotten to the point. I took a deep breath before I spoke again.

"The codes were something my friend had never seen before. When he decrypted these he got an alert telling him his apartment building had been breached. He said the only person with codes that fancy and hard to hack is the government or someone working for a person of high social standing. Last night I searched my dads study and found a letter addressed to him. It was from the FBI asking him to meet with them and exchange information about the 2 rival gangs here in Fairview. My dad was working with the FBI to bring you and the Silver Blades down. I think the files on these hard drives are all the information my father gave the government about you and the Silver Blades." When I finished there were gasps echoing throughout the room.

Jeez, these men were more girly then me. I focused back on Zamon and smirked when I noticed he had visibly paled, but still remained expressionless. He opened his mouth to say something but I spoke first.

"If I was a snitch, I wouldn't have come here tonight. I would have told people and would have probably gone to the FBI, but I didn't, because I'm not a snitch." Zamon stood there, staring at me for a good 2 minutes before he sighed.

"What were you hoping to achieve from all of this?" He sounded tired for some reason.

Now as he was standing infront of me I could see more clearly the dark circles below his eyes. His skin looked a little yellow too, as if he hadn't had enough to eat or drimk.

"I want to be a member again."

Immediately, there were shouts of agreement and disagreement. I'm pretty sure Kyle and the boys were for me, while everyone else was against me.

"Shut the fuck up!" Jack's loud, commanding voice boomed over the other voices. Jack looked at me then, and gave me a slow crooked smile.

" You have guts kid, and as much as I first hated you, I hate you less now, so I want you to stay. But as third in command I don't have the right to allow you back in, and neither does Zamon because he's now second, so its up to Jason." I was surprised by his statement. He didn't hate me as much as he first did.

I turned towards Jason. He was staring at me, his mouth pressed into a thin line.

"Come."Was all he said as he stepped off the stage, the 3 other men following.

I walked after him, passing Zamon without a glance. I did however spot Kyle, looking at me with a hopeful smile, which fell when he met my glare.

I followed Jason and the other men to Zamon's office. When he opened the door it was apparent that it wasn't Zamon's office anymore.

All that was in there was was the big desk with 2 chairs infront of it and the same desk chair behind it.

Jason sat in the big desk chair and motioned with his hand to sit in one of the small chairs. I followed his gesture and cautiously sat down.

The other 3 men took up a stance at each other wall. One of them was big and musclely, probably the biggest man I'd ever seen. He was about 6"7', almost touching the roof, and looked like he could bench a truck. His head was shaved, and the top of his head was a spider web tattoo.

He had tattoos covering both arms and legs. His neck only had one tattoo that said cut here and a dotted line going around his neck, which someone must have taken seriously because half of it was missing, in its place was scar tissue in a jagged line.He was standing against the wall to my right. He was thing 1.

I looked to my left and saw a small man, about my hight of 5"6', that looked a lot like Jason, except darker hair and fewer tattoos. Thing 2.

I stole a quick glance behind me to look at the other man. He looked vaguely familiar, and he was grinning at me like the Cheshire cat.

He was about medium everything. Medium height, build, weight and looks. He looked about 25, and had a couple of tattoos that I could see. He had a big tattoo on his upper arm of 2 interlocking cobra's that faced each other, and curved around the top, the words King Cobras, and curved around the bottom was 2nd IC.

There was something too familiar about him, but I couldn't put my finger on it, so I turned back around to face Jason.

"You look just like your mother."