Five

(Edited: 11th, March 2018)

I got out and followed no name towards the school, with the twins on either side of me. Keegan glanced down at me and laughed.

"Nervous?" He asked, his eyes watching me.

"Hell yeah." I told him, keeping my gaze to the ground. I didn't want to go back, I didn't want to face people from my past.

"Wait till you see what Zamon did." Kyle added, a smirk on his face.

"Who's Zamon?"Kyle gave me a confused look then tilted his head towards his leader.

"Wait, his name is Zamon?. What type of name is that?" They just shrugged their shoulders. We continued through the doors of the school, the normally loud and full corridors empty. The familiarity shocked me, bringing tears to my eyes. I followed silently, snivelling. After a few minutes I realized what direction we were headed. I paused, staring into an empty class room, then the next one and the next one. We were headed to the gym, where our assemblies were held. My anger boiled as I realized that's what the twins said 'Zamon' had done. He was probably going to publicly humiliate me, the sadistic asshole.

I slowed as we passed my old locker. The door was completely gone, leaving behind photos of my friends and I, a few candle's completely melted on the shelf.

"What the hell?" I whispered to myself, staring the the big R.I.P written in red on the back panel. I looked up, finding the small group waiting for me. I hurried alone, thinking to myself.

Once we arrived at the entrance to the gym, Zamon paused and looked at me over his shoulder. I glowered at him, my arms crossed. He pushed the doors open and walked inside, the twins behind him.

I stepped into the gym and looked up at all the students. All the teachers and students watched silently, following Zamon as he walked. Most looked worried, some looked mad. Luckily, no-one was looking at me. It was like I was a shadow, invisible to the school.

We walked up to the stage, where Principal Pennington stood in a sleek black suit, sweating like a pig. Next to him was Vice Principal Faulkner, looking calm and collected as usual.

The twins disappeared, going to sit in the crowd of students. I now stood next to Zamon facing the crowd, with the other men behind us.

I finally got some attention as I looked out at the crowd. I spotted a specific group of people at the bottom of the bleachers in the middle. In the centre of the group was my old best friend Riley. She had hardly changed since I'd seen her. She was thin, with a long angular face and nice makeup. She was always dressed to impress. She looked like a model, and knew it.

Next to her was Jordan. We'd been friends for nearly 9 years, him living the next street over from my old house. His brown was cut short, something he used to hate, as he talked quietly to Riley. His brown eyes looked around cautiously. He'd filled out a lot, looking more muscular and tall. I stared at the others.

My whole group was there, Jesse, Holland, Mike, Sarah, India and Sam. After a few minutes Holland sat up, looking at me. She turned to Jordan and Riley, who became very alert. I looked down, my eyes watering again as I felt a panic attack coming on.

The principal handed Zamon a microphone. He turned to me, smirked, then faced the front again.

"Hello, Fairview high. Most of you know that I'm the leader of The Blood Nomads, and I've recently gotten a new member, which some of you might know. So, please give a warm welcome to your new student, Rebecca Robinson."

I stood frozen as my gaze locked onto Jordan's. Gasps rippled through the crowd and murmurs of disbelief reverberated through the room. My old group slowly rose to stand. Jordan was the first one to speak, his tone laced with relief.

"Becky?"

I met Zamon's eyes, my stomach churning as tears flowed down my cheeks. I slowly turned and walked down the stairs as everyone stared at me. I began to hurry towards the door, sobbing as I did. I got to the exit when Zamon's voice rang through the gym.

"Rebecca, you leave now and he dies." I turned back to face them. Jack stood with a gun aimed at Jordan.

I shoved my hands into my jean pockets. Just as Jack took another step towards Jordan, I ripped my hand out of my pocket holding a small pocket knife. I zeroed in on Jack's temple, hoping I wouldn't miss. I threw it at him as hard as I could, and watched as the butt of the knife hit him right where I wanted. He fell to the floor unconscious.

It was dead silent. Everyone was just staring at me like I was crazy.

"He's not dead." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Zamon was furious. He was just glaring at me, so I glared back.

"Was that really necessary?" He asked through clenched teeth.

"Considering you were threatening my friend, yeah, it was necessary."

I walked over to Jack and picked up my knife. He'd wake up soon with one killer headache, but it was his fault. I gave him a little nudge on the ribs.

The twins had come down at some point, and were trying not to laugh. They were muttering about me making a habit of knocking him out.

I turned back to face Zamon with a smile, but quickly ditched the smile seeing his face. I doubt anyone has made him that furious other than me. I felt special.

"Give me the knife. "He demanded, his hand outstretched.

I figured I didn't want to anger him more, so I pulled it out, chucking it at his feet, smiling. The twins were still laughing behind me.

Zamon picked and stormed out of the gym with his men behind him, except for two that went to help fuckwit. I turned around and found the twins on the floor. Honestly, it wasn't that funny.

"Becky." I looked up to see my old group, wearily looking at me and stepping closer. I dropped my bag on the floor and ran at Jordan. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, spinning me around. He put me down and started squeezing me.

"Ca....can't....breathe"

He let me go with a chuckle. Everyone came up to me and hugged me. I was in the middle of hugging Holland when someone caught my eye. He was the only one who wasn't near me, choosing to stand at the bottom of the bletchers, just staring at me. He looked heartbroken. Sebastian. It was Holland's older brother.

I'd met him in middle school when I met Holland, and we'd been friends since. When we got older, our friendship begun to change until we started dating.

He was popular, being the captain of the soccer team. He was one of the main reasons I didn't want to come back. I was in love with him when we were dating, and I was worried those feelings would come back once I saw him again. We stared at each other, until he turned and stormed out of the gym.