Fix You- Unpleasantville

Beginne am Anfang

"She really doesn't need it," Chastity said. "And I don't need mine."

"You don't need them?" I questioned.

"No, witches can't be compelled," she told me.

I nodded.

"Right," I said. "The witch thing. Good. That's good, especially with the new guy in town."

"Hey, he won't get to you," she assured me. "You're safe."

"It's not me I'm worried about," I sighed. "I just don't want him hurting anyone else. That's why I'm glad Stefan gave us the vervain."

"Part of the perks of being a witch: there's no need to take up vervain. We're naturally un-compellable."

"Well, Jeremy has one, Caroline has one, and we've got Jenna covered. There was extra so now you and Olivia have one too," I said thoughtfully. Maybe we should get some to Matt and Tyler too...and Adam...

As if she read my mind when his name came up, Chastity started talking.

"So I saw Adam talking to a girl the other day," she said. "I think he's finally getting the hint that he's not getting another chance with you."

"That's good. It's good he's moving on," I said sincerely.

Chastity stopped walking and gave me a look.

"Are you kidding me? He cheats on you and you're happy he's moving on to someone else before you?"

"I didn't say that," I defended.

"You may as well have," she groaned. "What about Damon? No never mind, stay away from him. We'll hook you up with someone good-"

"Chas, you don't have to do that," I said. "Seriously, I'm okay with not being anyone right now. In fact, I'm actually kind of glad. With everything that I've found out, I really need some time to...get my thoughts together."

"Right, you just found out you were freaking adopted," she said. "What did Jeremy say?"

I shook my head.

"Nothing," I said. "Elena didn't want to say anything to him about our adoptions until we found out a little more. Besides, as it is it's not exactly safe to tell Jeremy that we're related to vampires."

"You have point," Chastity agreed. "Well, remember whatever you need, I'm here for ya."

"Thanks Chas," I smiled.

She linked our arms with a smile and we walked off to class together.

~~~~~

Third POV

When Sam wasn't looking, Chastity glared over her shoulder at the figure at the end of the parking lot. She knew it must have been the vampire she was told about. She also knew he wouldn't dare attack in broad daylight, even he wasn't that stupid.

In her pocket, her phone buzzed. With a quick glance at Sam to make sure she wasn't looking, Chastity pulled phone from her pocket to read the message.

Status check.

Chastity replied quickly.

Safe.

She put her phone away as soon as the message was sent, smiling the rest of the way to class with Sam.

~~~~~

Sam's POV

Bonnie, Chastity, Elena, and I all sat together at the Grill. We discussed the recent adoption discovery Elena and I made and Bonnie, like Chastity had earlier, asked if we planned on telling Jeremy.