13 ♠

× "you give me purpose" ×

summer time sadness (cover) - shawn mendes

-------------------

jack's chest was filled with a new feeling, it didn't feel like the usual pained feeling.

it was like flowers grew into his heart, like his lungs were filled with a new breath of life, only monica gave him.

he looked at the girl in front of him, through her eyes he could see how broken her heart was.

how tired her soul was, how hopeless she was.

but when he reached out and touched her hand, her eyes seemed to light with hope.

he wanted to make her better, he wanted to be there for her.

but he didn't know how much better she had already made him.

"i don't know why, or what for but i need you" monica's hands held onto jack's, her tear stained face noticeable.

"i-i but, i'm afraid" jack hung his head low, his glasses at the edge of his nose.

"so am i, jack. there's just something in you that makes me feel......better"

jack's heart was rapidly pounding in his chest, and for once it seemed like it drowned out his thoughts.

his mind was telling him she's no good for him and he's to much of a suicidal junky for her.

but his heart, his heart told him differently.

his heart told him in order to be a better person in your own mind, you have to be a better person at heart.

"can i do something jack?" monica whispered, finally letting herself be vulnerable.

"y-yes"

monica's hands went from his hands to his shoulders, one of them cupping the side of his face.

"uh-uh moni-"

"shh" she demanded, closing her eyes.

jack looked at the beautifully imperfect girl lean in.

his heart rang through his ears as her lips grazed his.

his head jerked back and he breathed heavily.

monica smiled, her eyes still closed.

"its okay jack, relax"

he nodded although her eyes were not open and closed his.

monica delicately put her moist lips against his, not moving them or taking him too far.

just a lingering kiss.

monica pulled away and smiled sweetly at jack.

roses and tulips now growing in her chest.

jack and monica have a special bond.

a bond they don't recognize but one that will bring them together and fix their broken hearts.

for once, jack spoke confidently.

"i'm starting to like you, monica. i don't know why or what for but i know, i need you too"