11 ♠

× "i don't like being left alone, then they start to talk to me" ×

tides - jack and jack

-------------------

jack held monica into the hug as if she were going to leave him, like she'd slowly fade away.

monica had been through too much to leave jack, she knew how it felt; being alone.

it's a terrible thing to be left alone when dealing with depression.

many people think it's a good thing, to sit and think about your life.

it's not. a person with depression and anxiety over- thinks. their mind twists every thought and turns it into something bad.

it's a very hard thing to overcome, becoming so ingrossed in your thoughts.

so...trapped.

many call it a guilty conscience, it's more than that.

it's a constant self-bashing, a never ending train of thought, keeping you in a sad state of mind.

looking at yourself is even different, you think less of yourself.

monica and jack have had their fair share of low self esteem.

"i know what's it's like being left alone, jack " monica smiled, pulling away.

"i wouldn't leave"

'this was all too good to be true' jack worried.

the way monica was always brutally honest, the way that she handled all her horrid thoughts.

the way she eased some of his pain.

he didn't believe it, his mind immediately went to his so called best friend.

maybe this was all some sick joke, maybe it was all a perfectly perfected illusion.

jack's had went out and touched monica's arm nervously, afraid she'd fade away.

she looked down at her phone, sighing loudly but you could see worry in her eyes.

"meet me on the roof tonight, okay?" she smiled, jack could see small tears pooling her eyes.

jack was sad, but also sad for her.

his heart ached to ask what was wrong with her, why was she crying and what he could do to help. But, his mind told him otherwise.

"o-oh okay" he tried to give her a smile but it faltered and he hung his head low.

"hey" monica chuckled, lifting his chin, "i'm still gonna be here for you i promise"

monica held her pinky out, smiling through the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.

jack smiled at the kind and childish gesture, letting out a small school boy giggle.

"you're gonna meet me, right?" monica put on her best façade of happiness.

jack nodded quickly, he really wanted to show how happy he was but like he always does, he start overthinking.

"see you later, jack" she kissed his cheek swiftly before turning away.

jack's cheeks reddening, a small smile shaped his lips.

after monica got a few feet away from jack, she finally cried.

she bawled her eyes out, no noises coming from her mouth, no shrieks - just silent cries.

each tear begging for help, each sniffle yearning for a helping hand.

she somehow found that in jack.

she couldn't tell him what happened, she was afraid it would be too overwhelming.

tonight she'd tell him.

+

jack paced around his apartment, nervously

anxiety and unsureness coarsing through his veins.

he pushed away his thoughts and climbed out the window, the same voices in his head daring him to jump.

his demeanor changed a bit when he noticed that monica wasn't there.

he started back towards the window but a hand pulled him back,

"i thought you'd never make it "