Chapter 43

It was a brisk cold day, the sun starting to set. I could feel the chilling breeze through my clothes as I walked toward the Garden and down to the Hobbit House.

When I reached the front door, my stomach did a little flip, probably from a rush of anticipation and nervousness.

I tried to regain my composure before putting my slightly trembling hand on the rusty doorknob.

The door screeched open, and I was greeted by the familiar warmth of the dancing fireplace as I stepped inside. The house was shimmering with herbal-scented candles standing around window sills. Closing the door gently behind me, I knew Octavia was already here. The chill of her presence felt like golden light from a winter sun. Her sweet unique scent invaded my nose. Then I saw a lovely heart-shaped arrangement of brightly lit candles on the table. There was a basket full of red roses at the center. I walked over and touched the bouquet with a knowing smile.

"Someone is too distracted to notice me," a soft voice uttered breathily in my ear. I felt a pair of arms slipped around my waist from behind, pulling me against a perfect torso. My smile grew wider as I craned my head back to Octavia. She smiled at me brightly.

"Someone is being an attention-seeker again," I teased. Octavia pretended to pout.

"Am I not allowed to be in your mind just a little?"

"You are not allowed to be in my mind at all," I said, causing Octavia to arch her perfectly curved eyebrow.

"You're only allowed to be in my heart," I added in a small voice that completely melted her sulk away.

"Aw...my sweet Viv is too adorable for her own good," she smiled and planted her moist pink lips on my cheek. I pecked her back with equal wetness.

"Do you like the flowers?" she asked softly.

"Red roses?"

"Red roses are given to those who you want to show love and passion," she said, resting her chin on my shoulder, "People who you have great respect for, and those who have shown great courage."

"And you give me fifty of them?" I said, staring at the beautiful flowers before me.

"Fifty show unconditional love," she whispered softly in my ear.

"You got me, they're beautiful," I whispered back. Then with a pounding heart, I turned around to face her. Wrapping my arms around her perfect frame tightly, I rested my head on her shoulder, my forehead pressed against her neck, "You got me, Octavia, now I'm all yours."

It took her a while to understand what I meant. And then I felt a kiss on the top of my head, causing me to sigh. When I looked up again, she leaned in and kiss my forehead gently, leaving a firm feeling of her lips imprinted on my skin.

We walked over to the fireplace. Octavia and I sat down on a fluffy white Incas rug that was quite thick and wide enough for our comfort. Outside the foggy window, light drizzling turned into gentle rain.

Octavia sat by my side. I decided to move over her and straddled her lap like the last time. Our eyes leveled with each other. I stroked her face faintly as her soft delicate fingers trailed along my neck and collarbones.

For a moment, we just sat there and gazed into each other's eyes contently. The world kept spinning without us as we were lost in our own.

"If you change your mind, we will stop..." she said, but I shook my head, placing a finger on Octavia's soft pink lips to silence her.

"Never."

Octavia smiled one more time before leaning forward to kiss my lips. I inhaled her delicious scented breath inside my mouth as we kissed. The slow movement of our caressing tongues took my breath away. My hands started unbuttoning her white blouse eagerly. Once her shirt was undone, I slipped the collar off, baring her feminine shoulders. The glowing fireplace bathed over her glowing skin like pure gold.