Chapter 49

"No one can touch my friends!" I yelled at the immortal.

"You think you have a say in that?" Pisaca said.

Suddenly we saw the metal bed that was used to tie me up flew out from the corner of the room. It went toward the immortal, but Pisaca simply raised her hand, and the bed froze in mid-air and then it started crumbling like aluminum foil. The immortal waved her hand off slightly, and the metal ball scattered against the wall.

"I sense some talents here," she said, turning around to look directly at Jacque, "I'm a little bored after sleeping for too many centuries. Isn't it wonderful if I turn you, young girl?"

"That's very kind of you, but no thanks," Jacque replied.

"If I were you, I wouldn't turn down such a generous offer. The gift of immortality, never die, never age, always exists, always will be...just to be alive at all time?" she said.

"That sounds like a curse to me," Jacque said, still wasn't tempted, "You should keep it to yourself."

"How pity," Pisaca said, "If you say so, I guess that's enough for our little chat."

Then she waved her hand as if to swat a fly, and all of us were thrown into different directions. We got pushed against the walls like some magnets on the fridge. Octavia and I were separated by a tall window while Cammie, Alyssa, and Jacque were glued to the opposite wall.

"I can't move!" Cammie cried, trying to jerk herself off the concrete.

"Me neither!" Alyssa said in a panic. The pressure was too strong to break.

Pisaca started walking gracefully around the hall. Her smile was poisonous and undeniable. I wonder how many lives died around her because of that. And all we could do was watching our immortal nightmare. She brushed her burning gaze over each of us like we were some museum portraits. Then the immortal girl walked toward Octavia.

"What a beautiful girl," Pisaca said. Then she closed the distance between them. All my fear rose instantly, but Octavia didn't even blink. Immortal reached her hand out and stroked Octavia's temple, tracing it down to her jawline. My throat tightened as if it was clogged with too much fear.

"You know, the first hybrid child I had killed was just like you, so painfully gorgeous, but now I'm afraid I will have to bring back the history of his death and pass it on to you. Nothing in the world could compare the nectar in your veins."

Then her divine face leaned over Octavia.

"No, please, don't hurt her!" I cried from where I was.

"Ah!" Pisaca turned her face to my direction. I was quite relieved that her attention was now fully focused on me and not Octavia. I would do anything as long as it could get her out of danger.

"Viv! Don't provoke her," Octavia warned desperately. Her chest heaved with great effort, trying to break the twisted gravity Pisaca cast on us.

"So you volunteer?" the immortal said with a vicious smile. And less than a blink of an eye, she was already in my face.

My treacherous heart started pounding in her presence. Pisaca, the creator of the vampire race, let out a trilling laugh. It pierced my ears, causing me to wince. And there was this sickening scent coming from her inside as if she wasn't completely out of her corpse form. The smell made me want to gag.

"You can feed off me, but please let all of my friends go." I bargained with the blood-thirsty immortal.

"Young adorable half-blood," she said, clicking her tongue sympathetically. "I wish I could comply with your request, but sadly I have no heart to let any of you alive. And since you have made a good impression on me, I will make it quick and painless."