Chapter 7 - Dear Party

"I'm so excited you liked to join us. I haven't seen you in a half year. How is it going?" Bridgit jumped up and down. Bridgit was my way too happy old middle school friend.

"I'm...good. What about you?" I gulped.

"Amazing. I met this super cute guy. He has these puppy eyes and black hair that...ugh," she basically flew on cloud 9. I remembered when I was like that about Aiden.

"Wow. That's amazing," I chuckled.

We reached the giant mall. I hated the smell of cosmetic products overwhelming you just the moment you step inside.

"Is it true you're going on a party this Friday?" Marie asked curious.

"Yeah. How do you know," I asked a little bit suspicious.

"There is something called social medias those days. Or are you still all over those paper books?" Emily laughed.

"I'm old fashioned, I get it."

I remembered those times back in middle school, were somebody often said:

"Even Elizabeth knows it," like if I was a 90 years old woman.

"But then you need a new outfit. And make-up. And..." Marie went on and on.

"Just my thoughts," Bridgit agreed.

It was three against one, so I got dragged from this store to another.

"What about this one?" Bridgit held a black dress up that barely covered my legs.

"Are you crazy?" I looked at her afraid.

"No. Try it." She was serious.

I must say, the dress fit very well, but there was no way I was going to wear that in front of everybody at school...and Aiden.

The dress had small, shiny black palettes in small patterns. It had long, black, silky sleeves and a tight neck. It itched against my dry skin. That's why I like oversize, organic sweaters instead of this.

"Fine. I'll take it."

It must be a minute of craziness that took over me. But there was no turning around. Mostly because the dress could not be returned.

Friday night, I came home to Bridgit with the other girls. They did their "Fab makeover," as we used to call it back in middle school. Of course I wore leggings and a big, comfortable jacket, but Marie had to switch it out with a purse.

"I'll do your make-up," Marie said and took out a whole suitcase.

"Wow. Slow down. I think just going easy with some mascara," I complained.

She pouted and sniffed.

"Fine."

Emily curled my hair with these socks in my hair? Of course they weren't used. That would just be gross.

The girls agreed on only show how I looked at last. I was dying of curiosity (and hoping they wouldn't make me to another plastic doll).

"1. 2. 3. Ta daa," they undid the towel for my eyes. The sharp light hurt, especially after an hour in darkness and curiosity. The room smelted of those mall try-before-you-pay places.

Sam picked me up in his old truck that barely could drive 20 miles without short-circuit.

"You look...damn, Ellie. Who knew you had it in you?" he smiled cocky.

"Shut up. Let's get going," I playfully pushed his arm, but it ended up hurting on my hand instead.

The lights. All in pink and black. Girls dressed like if it was a Victoria Secret fashion show. The good part was I didn't felt overdressed at all. Kitty and Missy had cat and mouse ears on and kept sending sweet glimpses to Aiden.