Chapter 6 - Dear ex-crush

Sam ran quickly over to me. His long, messy blonde hair followed him like small leaves on a tree.

"Hey. Where have you been?" he asked quicky.

"Did you drank Cola again?" I crossed my arms. He kept "forgetting" cola made him hyper. And there was a cola stain on his shirt.

"Maybe just a little."

"But you can't, remember last time?" I pointed my fingers at the tree, hoping he would remember.

"Yes. I'm sorry, mom," he pouted.

"Good. Now, let's go get something to eat," I commanded. He tried to hold the poker face, but a big smirk replaced it instead.

"The chicken should be pretty good. Or maybe the salad..." he considered. Sam was the reason the line always stood still. If he wasn't my best friend, I would have giving him death looks for ruining my lunch.

"Ahem," Aiden cleared his throat. I completely forgot he was standing right behind us. His strong scent filled my nostrils. Finally a scent that could cover for the stinky chicken.

"Do you want to join us?" Sam asked Aiden. I gave him "the death look", but he just shrugged. Typical Sam.

"Sure."

Aiden automatically skipped the line and walked to the front. It was his first day in school, and he did already skip the line.

"Hey..." all the male students shouted, but the girls were only making goo-goo eyes at him.

"Aiden. You have to wait, just like everybody else," I hissed.

"Why not? They're just first years," he acted like it was no big deal.

"Yeah, and so are you. And even if you were senior or something, you can't skip the line. It's against the rules," I jabbled upset. I hated that he thought he was better than everybody else. That he was better than me. Because he was, or so I thought, but no more.

...

It was Aiden and his gang. Aiden, Landon, Christopher, Jake and Tristan. Back to 8th grade, Landon and Christopher always tried to make fun of me and Aiden.

"Love birds," they kept shouting, each time we were talking together. Aiden would blush a little bit and run his fingers nervously through his hair. I would chew my hair in all embarrassment.

"We're not," I said shy.

"Aiden and Ellie. Sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G," they all laughed the rhyme.

 "Stop it guys," Aiden bit his nails.

"Don't bite your nails," I laid a finger over his lips.

"First comes love, then comes marriage..."

A part of me wanted to dig into a deep hole in the earth, but the other part felt...happy?

But I knew it wouldn't last long. And I was right. After Christopher moved school, everything changed. Aiden stopped talking to me. Each time I tried to be friendly to him, he just ignored me.

"Why would I work together with an ugly b'tch like her?" he once told the teacher.

"And why would I work together with a stupid douchebag like him?"

I glared at his hard, stone face. From that day, I was officially done with Aiden.

...

"You and your rules. You haven't changed since middle school," he mumbled offended.

"Excuse me. If you don't like who I am, why do you even talk to me then?" He crossed the line, again.

"It's not like that I don't like who you are. But sometimes, you can be a bit too miss goody two shoes."

Luckily, Kitty spoke up. If it wasn't for her, I would have took Sam's chicken and throw it all over him.

"Attention everybody," the head cheerleaders, Kitty and Missy, was about announce a big news. I glared at Aiden one last time, before tuning my head.

"Like some of you may have heard...who am I kidding...of course you have heard about it," Kitty laughed.

"I'm hosting a big party at my house. It'll be written down in the history books. Way better than all the wars and so on."

I rolled my eyes. But the party did sound fun.

"It starts at 8 o'clock. And don't tell anybody, but I'll bring alcohol," Kitty whispered in the big megaphone. Did that girl even realize that the teachers could hear her, even through she whispered into a megaphone?

"Okay. Friday, everybody. Remember that."

"Are you coming?" Sam brought me back to reality.

"Of course. Do you?" I asked.

"If Elliebear does, of course I do," he laughed and messed with my already messed up hair.

"Why do you call her for that?" Aiden sounded weird.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Why do you call her for "Elliebear"?" he clenched his fist.

"Because that's her nickname. Relax, dude," Sam backed off.

"I will, dude."

And Aiden walked away, over to Kitty and Missy, who seemed to faint. Good, he leaved us alone, but why did I still feel so heavy in my breast?

"You're right. He's such a jerk, Ellie," Sam grunted.

"Yeah." But my eyes couldn't take off him. His dark blue jeans and New York t-shirt.

My old Samsung cell vibrated twice, before the battery dropped two lines. Not suprising, since I had the phone since 6th grade.

"Heyyyy gurrrl. Let's take out shopping. Emily and Marie will take with us. Are you coming with us? It's after school," Bridgit texted to me.

"Sure. I'll meet you guys at the Pan's."

Pan's was our local smoothie bar. I couldn't get enough of their strawberry-banana smoothies. Just too delicious. Funny enough, they began seeling ice-cream and snacks too. What's next? Taco's?

"Yay. Shopping," Sam hooed.

"Hey. Don't read my texts," I kept my phone close to my chest.

"Can't promise that, Elliebear," he joked and pulled his tongue out, like a sweaty dog.

It was perfect timing. The party was Friday. And a little makeover wouldn't hurt, right?

A/N: Thanks for reading this :) I'm also working on another story, called 1 year ago.

Can you see the little star? I woudl be very happy, if you pressed it and leaved a little comment. Don't be shy to share this story to other wattpadders or friends. But most of all, enjoy this book. See you next Wednesday.