Dead

Ash's POV

"Sebastian I'm so glad you were able to join us for dinner," my mother told Seb. She was glad Sebastian was back from his parent's house in time to have dinner with us since she wanted to take us out to Old Chicago.

Sebastian smiled at my mother, "It's my pleasure. I wanted to meet you since Ash mentions you and has told me stories, for example his coming out story."

My mother looked at me and smiled, I automatically grinned back at her, "Yes that was an interesting experience wasn't Ash?"

I was only able to laugh as I nodded my head.

"I heard from Ash that you have four brothers and that you're the baby. I hope you're not spoiled like my child."

"I am not spoiled!"

Sebastian laughed and so did my mother, "He is spoiled but I learned not to be since I had to learn how to share and so did my brothers."

"I'm sure having a teacher and a lawyer as a set of parents also helped you."

Sebastian nodded, "They tried to raise me the best way they could and also tried to keep me involve with my Mexican culture which I'm grateful for."

"He is certainly involve in his culture. He's always singing in Spanish in the shower," I looked at my mother like I just confessed the latest gossip. She laughed and Seb's cheeks faded into a bright red.

"You can't blame a man for loving Spanish music Ash!" He looked at me as he took a bite of his burger. "I heard you're a doctor. Seems to me like someone wants to follow their role model's steps." My mother and Seb both turned to look at me and all she could do was smile at me.

"What are you studying for Sebastian?"

"Psychology," He smiled as he said this.

"Do you know what type of psychologist you want to be?"

He nodded, "I want to be a counselor for teenagers."

"What motivated you to choose this path?"

"I had a close friend who struggled with who he was, part of his identity, he didn't want to accept he was gay," Seb's eyes seemed to reflect a shimmer of teary eyes. "He's my motivation."

"What happened to him?" I was too curious and I couldn't help but ask.

A tear seemed to give up and slid down his eye, "He died."

My mom's hands automatically reached for his body as she hugged him and whispered to him, "Oh Seb I am so sorry. Believe me when I tell you I know exactly how you feel."

-------------------------- ------------------------- --------------------------- ------------------------ ---------

Ash's POV

"I had a really good time at dinner Ash," Sebastian told me as he prepared himself to go to bed.

"I'm glad. I'll make sure to tell my mom." I told him as I headed toward my bed.

"Thanks. Goodnight Ash." He turned off the light.

"Goodnight." I was left with so many questions I wanted to ask since this was the first time Sebastian ever opened up about such deep feelings and stories.

---------------------------- ------------------------------- ---------------------- --------------------------- -----

"I wish I could understand what you're saying when you're speaking Spanish," Noah told me as he grabbed my IPod and came to sit down on my bed between my legs.

"Well babe you know I always try my best to translate it for you," I reached for his hand and made little circles on the back.

"I could never understand why you like playing with my hand so much," he faced me and smiled at me.

"I love touching you, which is why even the smallest physical contact with you is important to me," He looked at me with loving eyes trying to grasp what's behind the meaning of my words. "I am simply in love with you Noah."

Noah stared at me for a couple of seconds until he finally spoke, "You really love me don't you? I think you understand how deeply I feel for you."

"Its mutual babe," I leaned in to kiss his tender lips and he kissed me. "Without you I would not be able to survive in this world."

"Do not say such things Sebastian." He grabbed my head between his hands as told me this.

I could only take my IPod from him and searched for a song. Once I found the song I was looking for I started singing to him.

"Dead In The Water"

If I was not myself
And you were someone else
I'd say so much to you
And I would tell the truth
'Cause I can hardly breathe

When your hands let go of me
The ice is thinning out
And my feet brace themselves

I'm there in the water
Still looking for ya
I'm there in the water
Can't you see, can't you see?

You've seen this all before
Life left on the shore
We're smiling all the same
You sail away again

I'm there in the water
Still looking for ya
I'm there in the water
Can't you see, can't you see?

Oh yeah
I'm dead in the water
Still looking for ya
I'm dead in the water
Can't you see, can't you see?

I'm dead in the water
Still looking for ya
I'm dead in the water
Can't you see, can't you see?

"Do you understand that without you I would be walking this streets like I'm dead in the water even though I'm still physically alive?" Noah could not stop the tears from falling and I brushed them aside with my thumb.

-------------------- ------------------ ---------------------- --------------------- ----------------------------

Ash's POV

"Dead in the water," I heard Sebastian sing as he set up like he just woke up from a nightmare.

"Seb? What's wrong?" I asked him as he begin to rock his body back and forth.

"Why did he have to die? He was madly in love with me, was that so wrong?" He begin to sob and he wouldn't stop rocking himself.

I hugged him from behind and tried to stop him, "Who was madly in love with you?"

"Noah," he stopped and then continued, "He loved me like nobody else could."

I didn't know what was going and I couldn't understand everything he was trying to say either.

"Why couldn't he wait? Why did he have to do it?" Sebastian wouldn't stop asking questions and he didn't stop himself from screaming, "Why did he leave me alone?"