Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Past

 “Now what do you want?” The prince, warlock, moaned to the servant. The servant was fat, and dressed in a fine red veil. The Prince wanted nothing to do with the royal servant. Each time they came, it meant more misery for him.

  “My lord,” the servant went on despite the rudeness, “Your majesty—Your mother sent for me to bring you an offering to sacrifice to our God.” A beautiful maiden girl, with shackles around her wrists, entered the room. She was dressed in a velvet red gown. And her blond hair was gathered on one side of her neck. The poor girl was bewitched. She stood, gracefully, even though she was facing her death.

   Tyler, the prince, gestured to the servant to leave. Leaving, him alone with the beautiful maiden girl…

  “So tell me miss,” Tyler commanded as he approached her, “what is your name?” Tyler enjoyed making conversation with new people. He even enjoyed making conversation with humans. Even though, he often had to kill them because of his mother.

  “My name is Chastity…” Her bottom lip quivered. She was scared, but that wasn’t what enticed Tyler about her. It was the fact that under bewitchment she managed to move out of free will. It may have been as simple as quivering a lip, or even twitching an eye. But, this maiden managed to do it. She had a strong will to fight and live. This made Tyler feel even guiltier.

  “Chastity,” he repeated slowly. “It’s the name of purity… It suits you well my dear.” The maiden’s lips managed to curl up into a smile briefly.

  “Thank you.” She didn’t need to be bewitched for her to say that.

  I may be dying, but that doesn’t mean I should kill her in order to save myself…

  Tyler made his way to the gold-rimmed wooden chest on the round table. He pulled out a firm silver blade, for it was the perfect instrument for murder. Slowly, he approached the maiden…he didn’t like what he was going to do.

I am what my mother raised me to be…

  Tyler stopped himself. The maiden wept a single tear that dripped to the pavement. Making a small, shattered, splash. This stung him deeply with pain. Not physical but emotional. The physical pain didn’t seem to bother him anymore.

  “Leave this place…” he tossed down the dagger and pointed her away. “I lift away the bewitchment. You are free to leave. Never return here, again… Never speak a word of this place…it will curse you—and take your life! Understand?”

  The maiden woman gave the Prince a look of compassion and nodded. She picked up the skirt of her dress, and she scurried out of there. Leaving the prince in deep thought about that prisoner… the shadow witch queen. Something told him…that she held the key to his future…

  Present

   Danny fell for, too, many girls in his young lifetime. He fell for one at the movie theater, the ice-cream shop, the bowling alley, and he even fell for a porn star. The porn star didn’t work out because she had trouble keeping her personal life away from her career. Aww the difficulties with the porn film business. Danny thought very sick things over the years. Always the joker he was. Yet, his parents isolated him, and sealed him within the barriers from the outside world. There were a lot of things Danny should have looked forward to in life. But, the one thing he looked forward to the most, was turning eighteen.

  Of course, that’s all he wanted, right? Wrong… He wanted Jen, but something told him he didn’t deserve a girl like her. In his view no one did.