Chapter 10- Arrival from Captivity and Departure toward Death

Yeah this is a really short chapter... Sorry about that, but it goes well in context. Voting and commenting are aloud, it's ok :)

Fraya woke with a groan and picked herself off the ground. Sadly, this took a while because she was so sore from being thrown through the forest by the force field. She leaned again a tree and looked around, seeing Luca still crumpled against a tree. Fraya rushed over, "Oh, he must have hit it!" She turned the Warlock over, feeling for his pulse. Fraya sighed with relief and brushed her now loose hair away from her face, "Oh Luca you stupid, stupid boy." 

The Guard sighed and began softly prodding his chest and stomach to make sure he hadn't broken any ribs or a collarbone. After that, Fraya gave him a once-over with practiced eyes and decided that he hadn't broken anything. "Then why haven't you woken up yet?" She wondered aloud. Fraya stood again and looked through the trees, seeing that it was just passed noon. "Well, just passed noon on which day? How long have I been unconscious?" Fraya nudged Luca with her foot, then rolled her eyes when he simply slid limply to the side.

Fraya looked around desperately, knowing that she had to get back to Balthasar. He wouldn't attack the Warlocks' camp until he knew she was no longer in it. The girl was suddenly struck with a feeling of loss, and she sat back down beside Luca. "I failed," she whispered. "I didn't find the King, and Balthasar doesn't care anymore. I don't know what happened to him! The King hadn't even begun to train a replacement! How will we go on if we survive this war?" Fraya looked down at Luca and sighed, "I need to get back. And whether he got me caught or not, he saved my life." She pursed her lips and put her hands on her hips, "I suppose I could carry him..." She said doubtfully.

That night, Balthasar looked up from his nap to a very familiar whistle. He stood and shook off the still lingering sleep, walking curiously toward the noise. Only one other person knew that sequence... Just then Balthasar's brain caught up with his ears, "Fraya!" He called. 

"Zar!" A quiet voice answered to his left. The dragon ran as best he could, and soon saw his bond carrying an unconscious Luca. When Balthasar saw this, his eyes darkened, "Fraya, he's a warlock. He's an enemy!"

The girl looked up at her bond, stubborness in her eyes, "Just because he's a warlock, doesn't mean he's an enemy. You're stereotyping. Plus, I'm also a warlock, so does that make me an enemy?" 

At this, Balthasar did a double take, "Wait, what?" Fraya nodded, "When I was in jail, the prince told me. He said I was a 'magic worker' and the eyes are a dead giveaway." Fraya blinked slowly, showing off her lavender colored eyes. Her bond rolled his eyes, "Beautiful. Here, let me carry him if you're going to insist." Fraya gratefully layed Luca across the old dragon's back. "Thanks."

"I have to say, I'm not all that surprised," Balthasar said quietly as they walked back to his sleeping area. "You don't really look like Octiurans, and not just because of your eyes." He looked pointedly at Fraya's straight mess of hair and the girl took one lock and stroked it, "Yeah, I don't know where I got that from. Most of the warlocks have black or brown hair, and Octiurans do have some red, but it's more of a copper." Balthasar dropped Luca unceremoniously on the soft moss, causing Fraya to frown at him. "Be nice," she chided as she arranged her friend comfortably on the ground. "He did save my life."

Balthasar settled down and then called for a young dragon to attend to him, "I think you'd better tell me what happened," he said to Fraya. "Let it be known that we attack at dawn," the elder dragon told the younger. 

The other dragon's eyes widened and he rushed off to relay the news while Fraya watched with a sick feeling in her stomach, "We're condemning the King..." She said.