Chapter 7- Discoveries

Just look at me pumping these chapters out! I hope you like it, and certainly don't hesitate to give me feedback if you have any ideas :) please vote! 

When Fraya woke the next morning, she was relieved to find all her clothes on, with nothing rumpled except from the fight. "I guess Ben decided I was too much trouble," the girl muttered as she pulled herself over to a wall and sat up, holding her head. When she had herself propped up, Fraya looked around the room, happy to see that Ben was nowhere in sight.

The the girl frowned, "What about Luca? He must have gone back to the treehouse and found me missing. I hope he didn't do anything stupid." Then Fraya fell back asleep with her head pounding, hoping she'd wake up before Ben got back.

Luckily, she did, and Fraya felt good enough to get up and try the door. Locked, of course. The fugitive growled, "What does he want with me now? Why can't he just LET ME GO!" Fraya threw Ben's pillow at the wall in a fit of temper and started as her very red braid whacked her in the face. Fraya was horrified. When had it turned back? Had Ben noticed? Is that why he hadn't let her go?

Fraya shook her head, if he'd noticed, she wouldn't still be in this room alone with the door locked. "So all I have to do is turn my hair brown again," she mused aloud. "It's not that hard." Fraya squeezed her eyes shut and imagined her hair turning brown. A dull dark color spreading from the roots to the tips of her hair. There was a slight popping sound as Fraya put a bit more energy into it, and the next time she looked, the red was comletely gone. Fraya smiled, pleased with herself, "It'll stay brown longer this time," she said with satisfaction.

Just then she heard a knock on the door. "Ben? Are you in there?" Fraya panicked and threw a blanket over herself, squishing into the floor. Just as the door opened, she remembered the pillow she'd thrown across the room. The girl prayed that the other person wouldn't be suspicious. 

"I don't know, Rolin. Don't expect me to be a bottomless pool of information," a voice snapped. "He never keeps his door locked! Not unless he has a visitor.

Fraya shivered. Visitors. That's what these despicable guards called uncaring rape. Ew.

"I'm going to the trainers before he decides I'm too much trouble to keep alive," a familiar voice said just outside the door. Fraya stiffened. The voice was slightly deeper and more gruff than usual, but she remembered Luca's suave tones quite easily. What was he doing here?

Fraya became increasingly angry as she thought about it before remembering that this was exactly what he said he was going to do. Infiltrate the Guards. What was he doing in training? It would take forever for him to get good information if he was starting from the beginning! Fraya growled softly, then immediately stopped as the door slammed shut. She breathed a sigh of relief. They hadn't seen her. 

"This place has really gone down since the scouting party left," Fraya noted as she yanked the blanket off. "Two weeks ago, I wouldn't have gotten away with that trick." On a whim, the girl twisted the doorknob. When it turned completely, Fraya almost cried in relief. She was free! The girl immediately closed the door again and looked through the peephole. There were still a couple Guards out there, and if they saw her, one of them might get ideas. Fraya satisfied herself by keeping a hand on the doorknob and having an eye jammed to the peephole until all the guards were gone.

She didn't know how long she stood there, but Fraya's hand had begun to cramp up and her eye was hurting. The girl quickly blinked and pressed her eye back again. There was no one there. Carefully, she opened the door and stuck her head out to be positive. Sure enough, the hallway was empty. Unfortunately, since she was the only girl on the force, Fraya had been given seperate quarters from the men, and she had no idea how to get out.