~Chapter 15~

We finally finish setting up the god awful computer, and set it up in Mitch's office. We're currently attaching all of the wires, which is absolutely terrible. There are like, twenty of each color. Preston is having no issues whatsoever, it's absolutely mind boggling how he does this with such ease. He keeps on asking if we need help, and we all say no. We can do it ourselves, we're grown men. Yet, we laugh at Mitch sneezing milk from his nose. Yep, real men alright.

"You guys sure you don't want help?"  Preston asks, once again. He's just pacing back and forth behind us like an uneasy teacher as her students try to defuse a bomb. "I'm pretty sure we all want it, but we don't need it." Vikk answers, his gaze continuously flickering between two red wires he's holding. He finally chooses the one in his left hand and connects it to the monitor. A spark immediately connects with his hand, and shocks his hand. He jerks his hand backwards and glares at the computer. "Nah, that's the fifth time that's happened. I'm out." Vikk complains, standing up. He brushes off his pants, and pats Preston on the shoulder. "All you." Vikk says, and steps back to lean against the wall. Preston steps forward and  kneels down on one knee, connecting 3 out of the 4 wires. It instantly makes a whirring noise, signaling it worked. "Are you serious!?" Vikk groans, hitting the back of his head against the wall.

Preston just laughs and leans back on the wall beside Vikk. "I told you, if you need help, tell me." I can feel his stare on the back of my head. "Even when you don't want it." I groan, and turn around. "I can do this. Just, give me time, you sandstormer." I mutter, and turn back around. I currently have my eyes set on 5 white wires, along with 2 blue ones. And somehow, they're supposed to connect. They've shocked me multiple times, but nothing happens, nor do I feel anything. Whatever, I'm not complaining. I put the shortest white one with the thicker dark blue one, and it shocks me. But, this time, I actually feel it. Like I pricked my finger. "Woah woah, Lachlan. Not those 2. Those are dangerous together." Preston warns me. I roll my eyes, and drop the shortest white cord. "Okay mom." I respond, putting the second shortest with the thicker blue one. This time, they actually connect without a problem. A whirring noise starts beside me, along with a few melodious clicks. Then, a blue screen pops up on the monitor.

"Woo!" I cheer, standing up. I pump my arm in the air, and playfully punch Preston's shoulder. "See? I did it!" I shout right in front of him. He puts a hand up to his ear. "Dude, congrats. But could you dial it down? I'm gonna go deaf!" He complains. I roll my eyes, standing beside the wall. I watch as Mitch, Jerome and Rob finish up. Preston butts in and finishes it up for Merome, since they just gave up. Rob completes it on his own as well, high fiving me once he does. We all leave the room, all collapsing on the couch. "My brain hurts." I mutter into the pillows. All you hear is either annoyed or tired groaning for a pure minute. Then, we all just lay there. Not an awkward silence, just straight up comfortable silence. We all sit up normally, finally, and look at each other. 

"What now?" I say, crossing my legs. "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." Mitch elongates, rubbing his chin. "Netflix and chill?" Mitch suggests, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Ewwwwwww!" Vikk complains, putting his face in a pillow. "Hey! I wasn't even thinking of it that way!" Mitch smiles. I roll my eyes. "Maybe we could watch netflix, and actually chill out afterward. How about that?" I suggest, shrugging. "Oh, the rated G version." Jerome winks, before rubbing his chin. "Yeah, I'm down." He nods. "Or...." Preston starts, eyes widening. "We could test Lachlan's telepathy again!" He cheers. "No." I groan. "Aw, c'mon. Please?" He begs. "My mind says no, and my heart- also, says no. So, no." I answer. (A/N: That was a that 70's show joke. Props to whoever caught that<3) He groans, falling backwards onto the couch. "Wait, one time?" He asks, looking over his chest at me. I groan and mutter a 'fine.' He cheers, and everyone looks at me. 

Just try, Lachlan. "Okay, what is...." He leads off, looking over everyone. "Jerome thinking?" He shouts, looking at me. I focus on Jerome, and the stench of fish fills up my nose. I scrunch up my nose in displeasure, and shake my head. Try it. "He's thinking of, Mitch?" I state questioningly. Jerome shakes his head at me. "Raw fish." He grins. I shake my head. "See? It was just luck before." I answer. No it wasn't. Preston looks at me, disappointed.  "Maybe it was temporary. Because before, that was the real deal." I just shrug. This isn't that bad, right? "Well, lets get this show on the road!" Rob chirps, logging onto Netflix on the tv. We decide on watching Pocahontas, for whatever reason applicable. Whenever there's a song, we all sing. And oh, it sounds so very angelic. We finish the movie, and just chill for about an hour, playing on our new phones. Apparently, everyone got new ones during the week I was in the hospital, and ended up buying me one as well. Ah, I love these guys to death.