~Chapter 12~

It was dark once again. This didn't surprise me at all, it's always been like this in my dreams since the crash. Dark room, chained down, unable to leave. Well, what do I expect? Rainbows, flowers, and ponies? It was a car crash! And plus, I don't understand why it traumatized my brain so much. I mean, we're all alive. What is there to be scared about? Anyways, It feels like its been an hour since I've been here. Oh, when I'm here, the time drags like when I'm awake. So it's not even a little bit of time, it feels like forever. I'm stuck in the darkness, unable to move, same old same old. But this time, something changed. I adjust myself against the wall, thinking I'll be here for the entire night. But when I move my hands, no noise comes from the chain links around my hands. In fact, there aren't any chain links at all. What? This has never happened before.... I slowly get up, eyeing the spot I just sat in. Which, only baffles me more, seeing as now it's a lot lighter than before. I can see now. Faintly, at least. I can even see the dull redness of my hoodie. It's like something's done with 'keeping me in the dark.' Literally. 

I turn around towards what seems like a never ending abyss of darkness before me, and have no choice but to go forward. I mean, there's basically a wall behind where I sit. Sat, at least. I start to walk into the darkness, only for nothing to happen. It looks exactly the same as where I just was. Like I'm stuck in a loop. I proceed to the left and then to the right, but to no avail. There's no progressing here. It's literally as if I'm stuck here until I wake up. But, what am I supposed to do? Walk forever until I'm lost in nothing?!

I look back to the direction I came and start to run in that direction. But, it's more than run. It's a lot faster than running. A lot faster. I never knew I could run this fast. Can I run this fast? The bland walls mix together as I speed past them, blending the bland grey together along with the shadows among the wall. It reminds me of the car ride with Vikk and Rob. It's all just a big blur as I run past. I skid to a stop as I come upon the place I started, noticing the 'carvings' lying beneath where I sat. Nothing important though, I don't think. It looks as if someone smashed something really strong in the center where I usually sit, making a wave of impact outside of it. It sort of looks like something important was there at one point, but not anymore. Just a bunch of cracks lining the outside, only to be covered by something so the grooves are compacted with whatever  clear coating trapped it in the stone floor. Or what looks like stone, at least. I have no idea what it is. Or where I even am. Well, that adds to my list of questions for me to think of when I zone out. Sick.

I go to the glass-like wall sitting behind  that sits behind the place I'm usually trapped at. I tap it, and hear a tiny 'ding', as my fingernail makes contact. It's sounds like an off-tone bell or something, it's hard to compare it to anything, the sound is unlike anything I've ever heard. And to add to it, it's bland like everything else in this place. I tap the glass a little harder. It makes a more distinct sound, it sounds like it's very thin. I look forward and peer through the glass, cupping my hands on the glass and looking through it. I see a faint light, and that it actually has an end. It's just light over there. I turn around, looking at the never ending darkness once again. Well, I guess I can't stay in the dark forever. I turn again and pound my fist against the glass, again,  a loud sound pierces the air. 

I hit the glass harder, to have the same sound ring once again throughout my dream, only louder. I hit it with both fists, a large crack appearing where my fists connected with the barrier. I use my side this time, and push myself into the barrier. This seems the crack seem to expand into my body's width. I use my side once again, and nothing happens. Just the tiny sound of glass shifting, like nails on a chalkboard. I do it over and over again, with no result. Just the giant crack in the glass, that refuses to break anymore. Something clicks in me before I can even think to do it, and before I know it, I'm running backwards into the darkness. Then, I come to a stop. I face the direction I came, and I feel myself run and jolt forward as everything seems to form a giant blur around me once again. And then something in front of me comes to view. The glass. My body seems to run at inhuman speeds, only to go faster once it sees the glass. Right as I reach the place I originated at, I jump, crashing through the window, demolishing every stable piece of the unknown wall into fragments.

 I collapse on the ground of the other side, a loud crash ripping through the dream, making my ears feel like they may explode. I quickly cover them, but it doesn't help at all. In fact, I feel a sticky substance on my hands where they cover my ears, and when I pull them back to look at them, I find blood in the palm of my hand. I lower my hands and help myself stand up, looking at what I had just done. The entire 'wall' was shattered. Tiny fragments of broken glass everywhere. A faint blue softly glows on the cracks in the floor, which catches my attention. I slowly advance, taking caution at what it was. I was in a dream, I can tell, but sometimes the dream can become reality. Which is absolutely terrifying. So I'm not gonna take my chances with this. I look at the source place of the glow, and notice the chain-links and cuffs from the past few nights laying there, broken. They looked like they had something engraved in them. I pick them up and observe them, finding the word 'con.' What? Con? It looks like there's more too it, but the cuffs are too old and rusted for me to see, but the next letter might be another c. I can't tell. What would it be then? Conc...? No, that can't be right. I drop the outdated metal on the floor, making a terrible 'clinging' noise echo across the yet to be seen walls in this place. 

I look back to the light, to see it only getting brighter as it comes in my direction. I start to walk towards it, before stopping. It was just a few yards away. I just stand there, as the light sweeps past me, I can feel the light rip me from my dream, but in my final seconds, I hear something. Something I thought I might have gotten over. Something I thought I wouldn't be reminded of. As the blinding light rips me into reality, I hear Preston scream my name. But then, I woke up.

My eyes snap open as I lunge into an upright position, slamming my head into the boards supporting the bunk above me. I groan and rub my head, running my hand down my face. I was sweating. Not too much, but ever so slightly. I cautiously get out of bed, and look at Vikk who was sleeping soundly on the bunk above me. I silently apologize even though he's asleep, and walk out of the room. Before I step out I glance at the clock, finding it to be 7 am. Hmph. I lazily walk to the bathroom, accidentally hitting my arm on the door frame. I rub my arm, before walking forward and looking in the mirror. I notice I look very sleep deprived. And to be honest, I feel like it too. I brush my teeth and comb my hair, my usual morning routine. I splash myself with cold water and wipe it off to make sure I'm fully awake, before doing something stupid like trying to make coffee before I'm fully awake. I'm not sure how people do that. I know I can't. As I turn to walk out of the bathroom, I notice something. I bring a finger up to my ear and swipe inside it gently, and pulling my hand back to look at it. Blood.

I stare at it, as if it's not real. As if will vanish at any moment. Then, I just wash my hands like it never happened. I go downstairs and start to make coffee, and even make breakfast for everyone since it's early.

 I'm probably just tired.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and here we have yet another late night chapter. Sorry! I hope you guys are having a great break while it lasts, this is my final week before school starts back up again. :( Dang, break is going by way too fast. I was debating on making this longer, but I might just try and make 2 more before school starts instead of 1. I think I'll just do that. Sorry!

Anyways, Have a nice day!...or night? Whichever! Much luv<3