"How do you really feel about us?" I blurted out, starting to rub my thumb on his hand.

"What?" He was completely taken back by my question. I brought head up, removing it from his shoulder.

"I mean, I know you care about Mia and I but how do you really feel?" I repeated

"I..." He hesitated before continuing, "I still love you. Even more than before. Losing you made me realize how much I do love you. Before, I knew I loved you I just didn't know it was this much. And the same way I feel about you, I feel about Mia. I never thought I'd be capable of loving someone as much as I love you and her. I'm not going to lie, it scares me to feel this way and I'm afraid that the fear I feel about loving you this much will make me screw things up again. But, trust me Ella, I am and I will keep trying my damnedest to not lose you and Mia again." He brought his face closer to mine, before saying "I love you"

His lips captured mine. I slowly lie down until my back touched the cushions of the couch and Max was hovering over me. "I love you too" I whispered against his lips. I pulled back before continuing, "No matter how hurt I was from that night, I couldn't help but still love you. And I did hate myself for it because I felt like I should have despised you yet I loved you. I was hesitant to let you come back. I wore my heart in my sleeve while I was with you and that night it got ripped apart. I didn't want to go through that pain again but I love you so much that I couldn't keep you away any longer. I was afraid you didn't love me anymore so I decided to ask you." I placed my arms around his neck, my fingers playing with the ends of his brown hair before grinning and pulling him down for a kiss, "But you know what? I'm glad I did"

Max slowly pulled away, kissing and nibbling his way from my jaw all the way down to my collarbone. I locked my legs around his waist before nearly whispering, "Room"

His lips returned to mine as he brought us up from the couch and walked us through the hallway until we reached my room. He almost closed the door, leaving ajar by lightly kicking it. Max walked to the edge of the bed, disposing me on it, a few seconds later he was back, hovering over me. We helped each other remove the barriers of clothing between us, only focusing on the ecstasy and pleasure both of us was about to give each other and feel.

***

It was a bit after midnight. Max and I were still awake. Mia was starting to sleep through the night so she hadn't woken up since she fell asleep. I was resting my head in the crook of his arm as Max's fingers went up to my shoulder blades and down to the small of my back, non-stop. I felt relaxed and content. I lightly kissed his chest, returning my face to the previous place and snuggling further into him. Max chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I softly asked, peering up at him.

"You're treating me as if I was a pillow" It was obvious he was amused by my actions.

"It's not my fault you're so comfortable" I scolded, starting to put space between us.

"Hey. I wasn't complaining" He kept grinning, his amusement still present as he grabbed my arm and pulled me, bringing me back to where I was. "I like being your pillow" He said, nuzzling my hair.

"I like having you here" I said, peering up at him to kiss him.

"Me too," He whispered against my lips as he pecked me several time, making me giggle. "This reminds me of our college days. Our first time together"

Max's POV

Ella and I had attended another frat party tonight. This was one of our first parties as a couple, we started dating recently. During the party, one of my mates had decided to comment about how him and the other guys had never seen me so smitten over a girl before, praising Ella for it. Her blush hadn't gone unnoticed during the conversation. We were now on our way to my apartment, outside campus. I had offered to take her to stay with me tonight since her dorm mate had left with someone else.