Epilogue

"How was the poetry slam?" Klade asked.

"Fine," Athena replied, wringing her hands, before taking a wrinkled serviette out of the dispenser, and tearing it into strips.

"Where is he taking you today?" he said.

"Art gallery and then dinner."

"That's classy."

"How's Ty?"

"We're just hanging out at the moment, I went to his soccer game last week. We had a study date at the library. We're meeting here for coffee, now. I really like him, I can see myself falling for him."

Athena nodded, checking her watch. He was five minutes late. Wishing she had her notebook on her, she drummed her fingers against the table. Klade took her soft hands in his, squeezing slightly, to stop the noise.

"He'll be here soon," he said.

"I know," she said, running a hand through her hair.

Stephen's customary ankle high lace-up boots, clattered against the floor, as he gently placed a hand on Athena's arm.

"Sorry, the bus ran late," he said.

"I wouldn't worry, she wasn't freaking out at all," Klade said, with a wave of his hand, looking back down at his copy of, 'Dracula'.

Athena leant over and hit him, and then leaning over to whisper, "He's wearing those tan pants, so I'm ready to do anything," she said.

"Don't tell me that, tell him," Klade said, pushing her towards Stephen, causing her to reach out and grab Klade's arm.

"Are you ready?" Stephen asked, flicking his index finger with his thumb.

She nodded, letting go of Klade's arm, thus tripping over her own two feet, grabbing at the table to steady herself. Flicking her hair out of her face, she took Stephen's arm.

"Please live-message your date, so Ty and I can make snide comments," Klade said, with a mischievous grin.

Shaking her head at him, she raised a hand in goodbye, whilst walking out of the cafe, passing Ty as he entered.

"You artists are strange," Ty said.

"Have fun having coffee with Wilde."