Fifteen: Shower Scare

Start from the beginning

As much as I want to, you know it's not the right time. She doesn't understand completely. Plus she grew up human so she wouldn't understand our determination to claim her. If we go at her now, we could lose and scare her off.

Damn, when did you get smart?

I laughed. This prompted Sydney to frown slightly. She propped herself up on her elbows as she stared over at me.

"What's so funny?"

Smiling I shook my head at my little mate. "Nothing, Star. Just my wolf talking."

"Can I ask something?"

I nodded and smiled charmingly. "Anything Star."

"Does your wolf or people's wolves often talk to you?" She asked.

"Yeah. Mine in particular doesn't seem to shut up. Honestly, I'm pretty sure quiet is not in his vocabulary."

Hey! It's only because you're irrational and thoughtless sometimes!

Thanks wolfie. Great motivational speech.

You're quite welcome, human.

"So it's normal for my wolf to be talking a muck up in my brain?"

The memory of her eyes glazing over before leaning in and kissing me peak in my mind.

I leaned in close to her, gathering my well-known courage that most girls loved. "That it is my Lovely. Especially when I'm around," I whispered huskily into her ear.

Sydney shivered as her cheeks darkened.

"Co-could I have my phone back?" She asked, clearly affected by my presence. I smirked at that knowledge. "I miss my baby, and I'm sure my messages have been blown to smithereens by my mother."

I walked to the closet with a huge smile plastered across my face and grabbed her phone from the place I hid it in the top of the walk-in closet.

Returning I gave her the phone. She attempted to click it on, but the screen remained black from being dead.

"Do you by chance have a charger?" She asked not looking in my eye.

She hasn't fully recovered from us. My wolf observed with the feeling of a smirk on his wolf lips.

"I'm sure we have on somewhere around here."

She nodded. "But before you go check is there a bathroom around here. I kinda wanted to take a shower, seeing as I'm kinda...gross." She said looking down at herself.

Despite having healed from the attack, her hair was dirty from the transformation, her legs were spotted from walking around in the woods, and the rest of her body was slightly grimy from her encounter with Elliot and being on the ground from almost dying.

I growled softly at that thought.

Sydney's eyebrow cocked up, curious to my little outburst.

"Sorry, it's nothing," I told her, hoping to quench her wonder. "But here's the bathroom. Do you need another thing of clothes?" I asked her looking her over.

She glanced down at herself briefly, but then took a double-take. "Whose clothes are these!?" She asked looking wide-eyed.

"My sister's and mine. Your other clothes were a little messy from your little adventure today." I answered.

"Wha-Nevermind. I'm just going to leave it. But, yes please, and are there towels in there I can use?" She asked.

Walking into my deluxe bathroom I gathered her a plush white towel and a washcloth setting them beside the sink.