Chapter 8

Graces (POV)

The soft hotel carpet was rubbing against my bare feet as I walked down the long hallway to the elevator. It wasn't that far from his room but it seemed like forever. All I could think about was how was my mom going to react to me staying in "Ed's sisters a.k.a (my new best friend) hotel room. I pressed the up button so the doors would open. It slid open carefully and out walked Ed my dad and Noel.

"Hey guys....." I said shakily.

"Where are you going Grace?" My dad said not as intimidating as I thought it would be.

"I w just going to head up to the room to get some clothes." Still kind of scared.

"Oh yes... Ed here told us about his sister. He's a really nice boy." My dad was complimenting Ed a boy I barely know. And i only know him because he practically kidnapped me and took me to Jase's room. "Your mom said she wanted some alone time though I'm not sure why but shes been a little weird lately don't you think?" I agreed with his statement and realized its already been 10 minutes that I have been standing here talking to my dad with Ed standing behind him in the elevator and Noel clingy on my dads side.

"Well I guess I should hurry and go get clothes so I can get back to the room." Lying to my dad isn't extremely hard. My mom is what the problem is.

"I'll see you tomorrow honey." He kissed the top of my head and Noel ran to give me hug. Ed gave me a small wave and a smile and I gladly returned the gesture.

I pressed the button for my floor level and the doors closed as I waved one lat goodbye to my dad. I'm not sure where they were going I guess Ed was going back to his room but what about my dad and Noel.

The ride felt like an eternity on the way up but I guess it was only like 1 minute. I stepped out of the elevator and started my way down the Hall.

The floor was different on my level instead of carpet it was wood. I didn't like this texture at all on the bottoms of my feet. Everything my foot connected with the floor a shiver went up my spine. I was almost to my room when I stopped in my tracks. I heard screaming coming from the room I was supposed to be staying in. I slid the card in that my dad gave me so I could get back into the room. Barley opening the door I still heard the scream I guess the person yelling couldn't hear my open the door because it was still as constant as it was when I was in the hall. I took some more steps into the room and flicked on the light.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FLIP IS GOING ON IN HERE." I don't know what I was supposed to do I stood there frozen, eyes wide open staring my mom straight in the eyes.

She was there in the hotel bed on top of some guy. He was hideous. His brown eyes dug into mine as he glared at me like I was the one doing something wrong. He had strawberry blonde hair that was freshly cut you could tell. My mom looked at me with fearful eyes. I never thought I would be stuck in a situation like this, with my mom doing this, in front of me, with someone that's not my dad.

"Grace you can't tell an...." I cut her off by running out the door slamming it behind me and over to the elevator.

I pressed the button for the elevator for the 3rd time tonight. All of these thoughts were racing through my head. Does dad know? Why is she doing this? Who is that dreadful guy? I also had plenty of images replaying through my head. One part of me wishes there was a way I could take my mind and erase everything I just saw. The other part of me is telling me you need to know this just happened so you can tell dad. Another question if Dad doesn't know (he obviously doesn't) how is he going react when I tell him what I just witnessed. He probably won't believe me but its worth a shot until my mother fesses that she did this horrid thing behind our backs. The words kept replaying through my brain "Grace you can't tell" "Grace you can't tell". What is wrong with her!!! Of course I'm going to tell somebody! Especially my Father!