Chapter 2: The Taxi Ride

"Onee-san, would you like to take your medicine now?" Yui's pink doe eyes met the soft shade of Cerulean blue of Lyra's.

Besides the two shades of blonde hair (Yui being a tad more platinum, while Lyra was pure gold) and the lack of a chest, it was obvious the two of them were not actually related to each other.

Yui was much softer looking and shorter, her personality full of rough edges and masculine energy.

Lyra, on the other hand, was sharper looking, full of edges despite the soft and placid smile and gentle gleam in her eyes, and taller if she was not wheelchair bound. The aura she channeled was much more fluid, not quite as feminine as she appeared, but not fully tom-boyish either.

Of course, Yui has taken these differences in strides and Lyra had practically raised this sister of her's to the point where blood didn't matter at all.

The two sisters loved one another, nonetheless. The judgmental assholes out there can go suck it.

"We'll arrive soon, Yuu-chan. I can hold out a little more." Lyra reassures, her focus never leaving the little green book she was currently reading.

The medicine Yui insists on giving her made her tired at times and she felt it may not do well with introductions if she were to meet their host while half asleep.

They were driving to the Sakamaki Household in a ride commissioned by their father.

According to Seiji, the Sakamaki's are a prominent family within the country, rich and powerful. It makes one wonder why it is that their father has connections to a man such as the head of the Sakamaki Family.

When asked this question, Seiji just laughed and proceed to bullshit some story about how he helped officiate Lord Sakamaki's second and third wedding before becoming friends with the man.

Lyra had once gone to a wedding officiated by Seiji, and her father does not possess the talent to officiate any weddings whatsoever. Seiji has once single handedly made a couple divorce at the alter, right after they were wed, because of how badly he officiated it.

Yui was becoming impatient, bothering the male driver in the front by saying the strangest things.

Of course, she's was hiding this misbehavior from Lyra, pretending she was very excited with the trip.

The blonde woman never noticed. Or at least, she pretended she didn't.

"You know, you look funny. Like a boy in my class. Why are you so short, Driver-san? You don't look like one of those oji-sans who sell fish in the market..." Yui talked on and on, indirectly insulting the young taxi driver.

"Miss, your destination is very close. Please wait a little while longer. How about you read a book to pass the time." He said with all the patience in the world.

Yui stubbornly shook her head. "I didn't bring one. Besides, I like talking. Onee-san says if it's not mean or rude, I should say what I think. It builds confidence."

The man brow twitches.

Not rude...?

He looks at the rearview mirror to find the other blonde woman quietly reading and sighs. At least the older one is easier to handle.

Another hour passed when Yui's stomach growled loudly, thoroughly cutting her off mid sentence. She suddenly looked very embarrassed.

Growing up, Lyra has always encouraged her out from underneath her shell of anxiety and shyness. Some of the nuns at the church were pretentious cunts who loved judging the way Yui walked and talked. They were just petty asses, but the damage was already done to Yui's self-esteem.

When Lyra found out, she had beat the shit out of these nuns and encouraged Seiji to expel these disgraces from the church when she found her adoptive sister becoming withdrawn. After that, Yui fell into her care, and best believe, Yui grew up to be a fine young lady through Lyra's hellish parenting.

To this day, although some parts of Yui still feels hesitant and uncertain, she is comfortable with herself and confident, all thanks to Lyra.

The growl attracted Lyra's attention as she instantly closed her book and faced her sister.

Smiling softly, the woman reaches into her blanket and brings out a small black box.

"Would you like me to brew some tea, Yuu-chan?" She asked, tilting her head.

Yui nodded happily, confusing the driver. How can they make tea in a car?

Lyra reached into her small bag and brought out a set of tea cups and tableware. A pot of boiling water seem to magically appear in her hands as she gracefully poured the liquid into a small cup.

"Today will be Earl Grey. Sir, would you like some as well? We can stop and rest for a while. You must be tired for driving so long."

The driver was taken aback. The blonde was so different from her sister. Without realizing it, he had parked the taxi in a nearby clearing.

Lyra chuckles. "I shall take that as a yes, Sir?"

"Ruan. You can call me Ruan."

"Alright, Ruan-San, how about you join my sister and I outside for some tea?"

"Yes, I would like that idea."

Yui open the car door and brought out Lyra's wheelchair. She gathered her sister's blanket and book, bringing them out of the taxi before returning and helping Ruan carry Lyra from the car. They set her on her wheelchair while Yui placed the blanket over her sister's lap.

"Thank you for the help." Lyra smiles, her gentle eyes staring at the two before rolling over to the sunny clearing. Like baby ducks, they followed her, helping her over large roots and rocks.

*

"I must say, Miss. This tea is quite delectable." Ruan compliments.

Lyra blushed slightly and took a sip, before returning to her book. "Ah, arigato, Ruan-San."

She chuckled at his flattery.

Yui giggles in amusement at her sister's reaction. "Onee-San is shy when she's complimented!" She says, drinking from her cup.

A small smile formed on Ruan's face. "Is that so?"

The three of them were sitting in the clearing, happily conversing with each other and drinking tea. The driver swore, in all his years of bringing guest to the Sakamaki household, not one of them were as kind as the sisters.

Unconsciously peering at his watch, Ruan's eyes widen in surprise. Has it been this late already?

He stood up from his seat quickly, which made Lyra worry.

"Is something the matter, Ruan-San?"

The man shook his head in reply. "No. It's just that we must get to the household soon, or else we'll be late." He said reluctantly.

Lyra smiles kindly and gestures for Innocence to stand up. "Shall we go then?"

They went back to the taxi and Ruan carried the blonde to her seat. Yui gathered up their stuff and folded the wheelchair into the car.

"Alright, everyone ready?" Lyra asked, making sure no one left anything behind.

"Yes, Onee-San!"

"Of course, Miss."

Ruan started the car and began a short drive toward the Sakamaki Mansion.

~*~*~*~*~

Hello everyone! This just a short filler chapter.

Also, you may have noticed that Yui is really OOC. But that's because in this AU, she learned to be more confident for the sake of Lyra, who, despite her disability, is super supporting of who she is as a person. That's why she acts more childish and speaks out a lot more compared to canon.

Revised on July 23, 2018