Chapter 7: School

Surprisingly, the two Komori sisters settled into the Sakamaki mansion remarkably well.

Their clothes were unpacked, their bedroom and bathroom had been reorganized and disinfected after Yui and Reiji had an hour-long shouting match during the evening meal in front of everyone.

"Are you a fucking idiot? How the fuck is the bathtub sanitary? And where the fuck is the shower?! Do you know how gross bathing is?"

Yui was very pissed.

Reiji glared at her and pointedly stabbed his knife into his steak with more strength than he ought to.

"I am not going to waste my time redoing your bathroom. It's already been cleaned before the two of you got here."

"Clean my ass! It's as clean as a one star hotel! Your brother was laying in the bathtub! Who the fuck does that?"

"Excuse me!" Shu, in a very uncharacteristic moment, interjected, his casual laziness vanishing at the mention of the bathtub.

"I wasn't aware the bathroom belonged to you. We have, like, a bajillion rooms in this house."

Reiji turned on him. "Maybe if you were there during the family meeting, you would have known the east wing is reserved."

Yui looked like she was going to throw hands.

"Fuck you guys! I want that place clean by tomorrow! There is no way I'm going to live in filth. And get better lighting! The house looks dirty as fuck!"

The other brothers quietly ate their meal while Yui, Reiji, and Shu screamed at each other.

Lyra wore a sunny smile during the chaos.

"Ara, I didn't know you people could eat. Where does it all go?" She asked curiously, eyeing Kanato, who sat next to her, up and down like he was a strange animal.

Laito and Ayato gave her a side-eyed glance, both appealing wary by her question.

Subaru coughed politely. "We can't answer that. It's too personal."

"Ah, I see~"

Kanato casually scooted his seat closer to Ayato and continued to nibble on his food like a baby bird as sweat ran down his back.

"—Well maybe I wouldn't be so concerned by the state of the bathroom if your brother didn't dress like a homeless man!"

"I— No... You are right about that."

"Fuck you." Shu said, calmly.

Lyra finished her meal and waved for a servant. Reiji had taught her the trick moments before dinner in case she needed assistance in moving.

A butler appeared behind her.

Lyra greeted him. "Hello! Can you disinfect and clean our room? Please be thorough this time, especially the bathroom. It's been slightly contaminated earlier, so my sister and I want to be safe than sorry. Thank you!"

The servant glanced at her for a moment, but he didn't like the way the older Komori looked at him. He bowed and disappeared, no doubt to clean the room.

The rest of the brothers watched as Lyra ordered the servant like it was natural.

Isn't she from a church?

Aren't they supposed to be humble and shit?

"Wait," Ayato suddenly spoke. "If you were going to do that, then what's the point of that?" The redhead pointed to the ongoing shouting match in front of them.