Gamer Changer Pt. 2 (SoulXMaka)

Continued...
************************************************************************

After showing up to get Maka and returning to school to get their things, Kid took Maka to his place to talk. "Mind telling me what's going on," Kid asked patting Maka's back as she stared down into her lap. She was siting on the couch beside him, tears slowly making their way down her face.

Maka halfheartedly smiled, "if you say I told you so, I'll slap you."

Kid stood up quickly and clenched his fists angrily,"THAT MOTHER-"

Maka laughed weakly cutting him off, "no, no, he didn't do that.."

Kid sat down feeling relieved, "then what Maka?" His blood had never boiled so fast.

Maka felt tears stinging her eyes as the faucets started to open again, "honestly, I don't even know." Tears streamed down her cheeks and she wiped her eyes forcing a smile. She honestly couldn't say why she was crying. She just hurt.

Kid wrapped his arms around her, "something happened, I know that much. You don't have to tell me, but I'm glad you at least called me."

Maka hesitantly hugged Kid back and fisted the back of his jacket. She leaned her head on his shoulder, "after, you know, that happened.. I promised myself I would never fall in love again. That I would never give a guy the ability hurt me like that again.." She pressed herself into Kid more as she grimly continued, "I've been able to keep my promise for about four years, but then I meet Soul and everything just falls apart," she chokes out. She wipes some tears off her cheek before continuing, "I keep telling myself he's only pretending. He doesn't even like you, but the funny thing is, he's not even trying to get me to like him."

Maka sniffled, "I don't even know what I feel about about him. Some moments I hate his guts and others... I only met him three days ago for god's sake!" Maka wipes her eyes again as she tried to calm down more, "earlier we were in town trying to take pictures and some Blair chick comes up to us and starts talking about how she's pregnant by Soul and she asked if I was just one of his many girlfriends." Maka pulled away from Kid laughing bitterly, "wow, listening to myself say that, I'm pathetic. I don't have one reason to be crying." Maka wiped her eyes continuing to laugh.

Kid looked at Maka speechless. In a matter of days, he thought staring at her not knowing what to say, she fell in love with him. She really is just innocently in love with him. Kid thought back to Soul's attitude in the last few days, even he's seemed happier.

Maka grimaced and rubbed her eyes, "I'm sorry, I'm a mess. Maybe I'm gonna start my period soon or something."

Kid hugged her shaking his head as he smiled, "Maka, you can't control who you fall in love with." Maka looks at him wide eyed.

"I barely met him," Maka counters.

Kid smiled putting his hand on Maka's cheek, "as much as I wish you had fallen for anyone else, you love him. Whether you admit it or not."

Maka shook her head, clenched her eyes shut, "NO! NO! I CAN'T! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIM!"

Kid kissed her forehead, "I wonder if he fell for you too." Maka began crying again and Kid continued patting her back letting her cry.

----------------------

Soul looked at Blair sorrowfully as they sat across each other in the cafe, "exactly how long are you?"

Blair giggled happily, "two and a half months, what are your thoughts on names?"

Soul looked out the window to see a strawberry blond haired girl walking with her back to them, "Maka.."