•11•

Pictures above is just a little Spideypool I wanted to include ;)

Enjoy!

✖✖✖

"Pietro!"

I slammed my locker closed in time to turn and see Wade heading straight for me with Peter trailing behind him.

"Uh, hi?" I said more like a question.

"Where the hell have you been all weekend!? "

I looked at Peter then back at Wade.

"I'll tell you later," I waved him off, resituating my bookbag on my back.

"Uh, okay? Well, your boyfriend was looking for you," he smirked.

"W-what?" I paled.

"Alex," he responded in a duh tone.

"He is not my boyfriend."

"Geez, chill. I was just joking," he laughed causing me to roll my eyes. A noise rung out through the school now and I groaned.

"Well, there goes the bell for hell. Petey and I will catch you at lunch," Wade said before taking off with his shy boyfriend wrapped in his arms.

I reluctantly dragged myself to class. No one really asked me what was wrong. I don't know why I expected them to. Luckily, the bruising on my jaw went down. However, I still had some pain in my chest.

"Maximoff!"

I snapped to attention in my seat, causing me to drop my textbook on the ground. I landed with a loud slap and everything turned around in their seat to stare at me.

"Um-"

"Just pay attention," my teacher sighed, turning back around to continue his lesson.

I sighed and began doodling in my notebook again. When the bell finally dismissed us, I immediately pushed passed the crowd of people to escape to the library. My sister would kill me if she found I out I was skipping, but I can't take it anymore.

The library is my second favorite place in this school. (The first is the gym). Our library is huge and have these comfy beanbag chairs over by the magazine section.

I take a seat in the blue one and plopped my bookbag beside me. I took out my phone and saw a text from Wade asking where I was at. I'm missing physical science right now, which we have together.

I just texted him back telling him I'll see him at lunch before slipping my phone back into my bag. The bean bag was tucked into a nice back corner of the library and I couldn't help but smile because... I wasn't surrounded by people. It was peaceful, silent. I loved it. I took the time to lean back, resting my head on the wall, and close my eyes.

✖✖

Awoken from my nap by a noisy freshman class entering the library, I decided I should leave. Luckily, it was lunch time and I didn't have to face any teachers.

I made my way to my usual seat in the cafeteria. Alex, Peter, and Wade were already seated causing me to glance at the time on my phone. I rolled my eyes seeing I was twenty minutes late to lunch.

"Hey guys," I greeted dully, plopping myself down on the uncomfortable seat.

"I missed you so much!" Wade gasped and pulled me into his arms from his seat beside me. Wade Hugs usually consist of deathly grips and face pinches. This hug was no different.

"Wade, seriously? I saw you just this morning," I said rolling my eyes, still being held in a choke hold.

"I know, but that wasn't enough," he expressed dramatically and even went the extra mile in pretending to cry.

"You're such a drama queen," I laughed and punched his arm so he'd let me go.

"I agree with that," Peter chimed in causing Wade to clutch his chest in fake disbelief.

"Point proven," Alex said quietly followed by both Peter and him to break into a fit of giggly laughs. Wade opened his mouth to spit a (most likely inappropriate) comeback before the PA system rung out in the cafeteria.

"Students parked in the elementary school lot next door must move their cars immediately. Thank you," our principal's voice rung out, silencing the usual loud room.

"What's that all about? They usually don't care," I wondered out loud.

"I overheard some teachers saying a kid got hurt on the playground. Maybe they had to call an ambulance?" Alex tried.

"When was this?"

"Um, ten minutes ago?" He guessed.

"Is that why you were late to lunch too?" Peter asked.

"Yeah, I was with my counselor in the office," Alex said with his head down. His hood wasn't raised like usual but his black fringe still covered his eyes.

"You really think they'd send an ambulance for some playground scratch? I had those all the time." Plus more, I wanted to add.

"Oh, your phone's ringing! I'll get it!"

"Wade!" I exclaimed, trying to slap Wade's hand away from the loud ringing in my jacket pocket. He caressed his slapped hand to his chest with a pout on his face.

"Owie," he whined.

"Wow, how old are you again?" I asked sarcastically, pulling my phone out and sliding it to answer, "Hello?"

"Pietro, I need your help," a distraught voice rambled.

"Clint? What's wrong?" I asked concerned, ignoring Wade's suggestive smirk.

"Nate," he breathed.

"You mean-"

"Yeah."

My mouth dropped and I looked around at my friends. They all stared at me expectingly. I swiftly stood up and made my way to the exit. I could hear the sirens in the distance now.

"Are you at work?" I asked then.

"Yes, and I'm not going to get to the school fast enough," he expressed worriedly.

"I'll meet you at the hospital," I replied quickly before ending the call.

The ambulance rolled up to the elementary school now, sirens blaring. I put on the other strap of my bookbag before breaking out in a sprint. Our schools might be connected, but it'll take more than just a jog to get me to the front doors of the elementary school.

I reached the red and white emergency vehicle just when they were rolling a gurney out of the school with someone on it.

With Nate on it.

I gasped and took at step back at the sight. Nate layed there, unmoving, with fluttering eyes. The medical workers began hustling him into the back of the truck and I knew it was now or never.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! That's my little cousin! You have to let me in with him!" I yelled towards the hospital workers.

"Where's his parents?" One of the men with graying hair asked.

"Not here, just please. Please let me go with him," I begged. I always considered begging to be weak, but now? Now, it was the last thread of sanity I had left.

The two medics looked at each other briefly before the older one looked back at me, "Hop in, kid."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me. My voice wavered out a quick thanks before I climbed in the packed ambulance with them.

✖✖✖

Don't kill me! XD

I'll be writing today to get another chapter out before Monday!

ILY

Thank you for reading/voting for this! Comment any thoughts!

BYEEEE