•3•

You see this adorable boy?

Remember his face!

Okay, carry on. :)

✖✖✖

"Dude, what happened to your hand?" Wade asked me when Monday came around.

I looked at my bandaged, left hand and noticed the cuts underneath were bleeding through. I muttered a Russian curse under my breath, to which Wade raised an eyebrow at.

"Don't make it a big deal, okay? My father was throwing his empty, beer bottles at the wall yesterday. When I went to see what was happening, he got angrier and kind of pushed me into the pile of broken glass," I admitted awkwardly.

Wade was the only one I told these things too. I didn't trust anyone else. I don't even tell my twin sister because I don't want her to be afraid.

"Just tell me when," Wade said repositioning his bookbag, "My offer still stands."

"Wade, we are not killing my father," I said shaking my head.

"I never said the we'd K word him, Pietro. We'd be un-aliving him," he smiled and shrugged nonchalantly.

"You've got some serious issues," I said laughing halfheartedly. The school late bell rang then, causing us both to groan miserably.

"Hey, at least practice was cancelled today," Wade said pointing at his hand before taking off to his class.

I sighed and looked down at the white bandages that now had bright red seeping through. Groaning, I repositioned my bag on my back and made my way to class.

At least I don't have to practice like this.

✖✖✖

I can't do it.

Now, usually, I'm pretty average in school, but today? I failed every assignment up to my third period, and it had nothing to do with the glass cuts on my writing hand.

"What's wrong?" Wade asked, nudging me in the lunch line. The question should of been 'What's not wrong?'

I lost my jacket, my hand aches, I'm failing Chemistry, and my family's rent is past due.

"Nothing," I shrugged and grabbed a pack of chips. We paid for our snacks and made a bee line for our usual lunch table.

I spotted Wade wave to someone. It was a quick hand movement, hardly noticeable to anyone but me. Well, me and whoever the kid sitting by himself in the corner was.

"Who's that?" I asked when we sat down.

"Who's what?" He said, opening his bag of chips.

"That," I said pointing my right, index finger towards the boy in the corner of the room. Wade didn't even glance over his shoulder. He only shrugged causing me to raise a brow.

"Oh, really?" I asked.

"Yep," he smiled, popping a chip into his mouth.

"I guess I'll just go say hi to him then," I smirked and rose from the uncomfortable cafeteria chair.

"No, Pietro! Wait!" He called back to me, but it was too late now. He didn't know this kid so why should he care?

I approached the lone boy, his eyes widening when he saw I was heading straight for his one-man table.

I plopped down in the seat across from the brown haired boy and flashed him the biggest smile I could muster up.

"Hi, I'm Pietro," I said happily- maybe a little too happy.