Chapter Thirty One

A/N- this took forever, I know, I'm sorry. I've been caught up in soccer tryouts, training camps, and games. Also there's basketball and I'm stressing out because a class of mine got moved to honors so there's  more homework and I have to balance that with all the sports I do..anyway...I hope y'all enjoy.

Castiel wants to say that he was surprised when a lawyer came to the Winchester's front door asking for him. He just wasn't though. Of course Michael did this. I'm sure when he only came over that one time to find out where I was. What the hell is he trying to do? Doesn't he know he has no case, doesn't he know that his abuse was illegal, does he want that to come up?

Castiel wasn't surprised...but he was scared. He didn't know what Michael was trying to do, but he went to talk to the lawyer anyway.

"Castiel Novak?" The lawyer asked when he saw the boy. Castiel nodded his head. Bobby was next to him, Dean was with Gabriel, Balthazar, and Sam. "My name is Uriel, I'm a prosecution attorney your brother hired."

"Why the hell would he need an attorney? What's he trying to do?" Bobby asked from beside Castiel.

"Micheal Novak is taking his brothers back."

Castiel paled.

"What?" Both Castiel and Bobby said the word at the same time, except Bobby sounded angry and like he was going to kick Uriel off his porch, while Castiel just sounded scared.

Uriel took his time to look between the two, then he smiled softly.

"Yes. He said that you, Castiel, are free to stay with whoever you want to, but Blathazar and Gabriel have to come back to live with him." He paused, but not long enough for either Bobby or Castiel to speak. "Now, if you'd be so kind as to hand to two boys over, there should be no further trouble." Castiel shook his head.

I promised them they wouldn't have to go. I told them Michael wouldn't take them away. He can't take them...he can't...

"What if I don't?" Castiel asked.

"Don't what?"

"Give Balthazar and Gabriel away."

Uriel almost seemed surprised. "That would be ill-advised. The police would get involved, I'm sure Michael would take you to court, honestly you're lucky he isn't charging either of you for kidnapping."

"Kidnapping?"

"Yes, you did after all take them away from their guardian."

"But-" Castiel tried to counter, only Bobby cut him off.

"Listen you son of a bitch, tell Michael if he wants his brothers back he's going to have to do a lot more than send you to come and scare us. Those boys weren't safe there so they're not leaving unless you drag them away." Bobby didn't give him a chance to respond, instead shutting the door in his face. Bobby turned to face Castiel.

"Listen boy, it seems your brothers being a dick so you're going to have to be prepared to fight for your brothers. That is of course if you think it's right."

"They can't go back there." Castiel returned promptly.

"Yeah, I had a feeling you'd say that."

"What do I have to do?"

...

Bobby and Castiel made a plan...

Castiel didn't like it.

"The police are probably going to come here and take Balthazar and Gabriel back to Michael." No. No. Really, honestly, that can't happen. Castiel didn't say anything, he just listened to Bobby very carefully. "That attorney said so, I don't know if it'll be tomorrow, or the next day, hell, it might even be later on tonight, but you just have to let it happen, don't try stopping nothing, it'll just be useless trouble.

"Now, you have to try to get emancipated. You know what that is, right?" I nodded my head. "Good, your birthday's still a couple of months away, which means this'll be quicker than waiting till then. Once that's done you file for custody of your brothers."

"How long will that take?" Castiel asked a bit frightened.

"Which part?"

"All of it."

Bobby paused and thought for a moment. "I don't know, but talking about everything Michael did might help speed it up, it might also get your brothers somewhere safe." Castiel didn't like the idea of talking about everything Michael had done to him. He didn't even know why, he just wanted to forget about it, but if he could get his brothers away from Michael...what other choice did he have?

"Okay." Castiel agreed. Bobby looked down at him with an unreadable expression, Castiel stared back, and Bobby nodded his head, giving a comforting pat on the back to Castiel.

"I know it's hard, kid. You're braver than most."

I'm really not.

Castiel had mentioned everything he was planning to do. Gabriel and Balthazar were scared, they didn't want Michael to take them back, but if it meant that they wouldn't have to see him ever again after that...they were willing to do it.

...

The morning after the lawyer came nothing happened. No one came to take Castiel's brothers away and Bobby said that all of the boys had to go to school.

It was normal.

It was so normal it scared Castiel.

What the fuck is Michael doing? What the hell is he planning? It's not like he's just allowing Gabe and Balthazar to stay with me, that asshole wouldn't do that.

They went to school without any trouble though. Castiel said bye to his brothers as they left for their classes and he ended up walking to his first hour class with Dean. They didn't talk that much, but Dean caught onto Castiel's anxiety.

"It'll be okay." Dean stops and looks at Castiel. "Gabriel and Balthzar will be okay." Castiel frowns.

"You don't know that. Michael is an ass...he-"

"They'll be fine, if he tries to do anything to them you told them to come back. They're strong kids, Cas. They take after you." Dean brushes his thumb against Castiel's cheekbone and smiles softly. Castiel blushes slightly and looks away from Dean.

"Thanks." He whispers.

Dean pulls his into a tight hug and kisses his temple before he says goodbye and heads to his own class.

...

The rest of the day Castiel felt better. He was walking down to his fifth hour class, he was happy because he knew he was going to see Dean,  but then his phone buzzed with a new text message.

Castiel took his phone from his pocket and looked down at the screen. The message was from Balthazar:

Michael just took me out of school. Gabriel was already in the car when I got there.

I love you.