Chapter Ten

Gabriel and Balthazar both slept with Castiel. The bed was a twin and there was another one that was right next to the one they were on, but it just kind of happened. Castiel actually thought that Gabriel ended up in the same bed because he was afraid, which made him feel like shit, and Balthazar, well, Castiel didn't know why he didn't sleep in the other bed. Maybe he was scared.

In the morning Castiel had to push his brothers off of him. They groaned but quickly returned back to their sleeping positions. Castiel stood up and rubbed a hand through his hair, he sighed and decided he should take a shower. First he dug through his bag and took out his phone to check the time. It was around nine, Castiel planned against going to school today, he thought it would be the first place Michael would check once he sobered up. Castiel tossed his phone on the empty bed and took out the orange pill bottle. I really shouldn't. He stared at the bottle, he shook is head, then put back.

While he was in the shower Gabriel and Balthazar woke up, "Cassie?" He heard his brother call from the other room. He told them that he was in the shower and that he'd be out in a few minutes. When he came out Castiel put on his old clothes, he knew it wasn't very useful to take a shower, but he felt cleaner. He breathed out deeply sat down on one of the beds. He sat there for a while, then he realized Gabriel was staring at him.

"Gabe, what are you looking at?" Castiel turned to look at his younger brother.

"Your shirt- it's just- I don't remember it." Castiel looked down; it was Dean's shirt.

"A friend gave it to me." Castiel responded.

Balthazar shook his head. "Why did a friend give you his shirt?" Castiel rolled his eyes.

"God, because I spilled something on mine, why does it matter?." He was getting a little too defensive.

"So he just like took off his shirt and gave it to you." Castiel threw his head back and groaned. Not that I wouldn't mind that...

"Obviously he gave me an extra." Castiel stood up and picked up his coat. "But speaking of shirts, maybe we should go shopping now, huh?" They all agreed and began to walk through to door. They were also talking about where they wanted to go.

They ended up going to a under appreciated clothing store that sold under appreciated brands that were just cheap enough for Castiel to afford. All three of them got a few outfits. Castiel didn't plan on staying away long, Michael had everything against him. He could easily say he kidnapped his brothers or tracked them down, not to mention Castiel, Balthazar, and Gabriel were all minors and the only reason they weren't put in Foster care was because Michael stepped in and said he'd be their legal guardian. If anyone found out that Michael was an abusive alcoholic Castiel and his brothers would be separated... no one wanted that.

After they returned to the motel Castiel gave the keys to Balthazar and told him to go to the room with Gabe. Castiel walked to the front desk and saw the man standing there, when their eyes connected, the man smiled. "Ah, hopefully you're here to pay. I was afraid you were going to leave, but your room wasn't empty and it appears you've been shopping." Castiel nodded.

"How much do I owe you for the night?"

"Well, the room plus ten unless you're staying another night, then I could charge you for the next night and all you'll have to do tomorrow is return the keys, if you don't stay longer that is." Castiel nodded and took out the money.

"So, one hundred and six for the room, twenty for your kindness, and ten for your silence?" Castiel asked taking the money out. The man laughed.

"Oh, and here I thought you were a broke runaway." The man was looking at the money, which Castiel quickly put back after grabbing the hundred thirty six dollars. He handed it to the man. "Was it your brother who was looking for you?" Castiel furrowed his eyebrows at the man. How the hell did he know that?