Chapter One

Dean was straight.

Castiel knew this...and he reminded himself that everyday he saw Dean Winchester in his first, fourth, and eighth hour class.

Castiel was invisible. He almost never talked, he never raised his hand, and he was always looking down at his desk- drawing or reading. Well, he was invisible to everyone except for the group of ass-hats that would torment him. Who are these people? One's the rich foreigner, who's father owns a company called H€LL, Crowley. Another is Azazel, who's a drug dealer that constantly makes unfair deals with the stoners, but they're too high to actually realize that they're making a crap deal. And then there's Lucifer, the name is fitting since he's a devil in disguise.

Castiel didn't care that he was constantly getting made fun of by Crowley & Co. He tried not to let it get to him, he tried to avoid them, but they found him...they always found him.

But what was Castiel's true problem? Maybe it was that he couldn't be gay. He couldn't like Dean Winchester. He had to stay invisible.

He wouldn't say his life was terrible. He would however say he constantly wish he lived somewhere else. He wanted to live in the city, which he always thought was cliché, but he couldn't get the thought of tall buildings and new people out of his head. Honestly he just wanted to move, to be somewhere he could be himself, he wanted to to escape his brother's overbearing rules.

But Dean? God, Castiel wanted Dean Winchester. He wanted to feel Dean's hand in his, he wanted Dean's lips on his own, and he wanted to live out his city dreams with Dean. That's what he was thinking about when his fourth hour teacher Mr. Shurley called on him.

It was English, Castiel's best subject, but he wasn't paying attention, he was drawing the skyline of Chicago. Mr. Shurley said his name, Castiel knew he heard his name, but that was it. He looked up and squinted his eyes.

"What?" He asked. The class started laughing. Mr. Shurley stepped closer, he had a disapproving look spread across his face.

"Well Castiel, if you were paying attention instead of daydreaming," he cocked his head to the side, "you'd know I asked why Winston decided he loved Big Brother in the end of the book," They had just read the book 1984 by George Orwell. Castiel liked the book...back in seventh grade when he actually read the book. Now it was below his reading level and bored him beyond belief.

"I think that he was pushed past the natural human boundaries and he couldn't handle the things Big Brother was doing to him. Then eventually he had to make the pain go away by any method necessary, so he gave up the idea of hating Big Brother." Mr. Shurley stared at him a moment.

"You think it was his choice?" He asked. Castiel shook his head.

"No." He said it like it was obvious. To anyone but Mr. Shurley and a select few it would sound rude, but in truth Castiel just wasn't a 'people person'.

"I think he didn't have a say in it. I think there was nothing else he could've done. It was either fight Big Brother or join them, and he couldn't fight them anymore, physically, mentally, or emotionally." Mr. Shurley nodded his head.

"That's very insightful, Castiel." The teacher praised. Castiel just realized the stares from the rest of his class. He looked slightly to the right, his eyes connected with a pair of gorgeous green ones, he quickly looked back down at his doodles and grabbed his pencil, holding it over the drawing, trying to hide his blush. Castiel didn't like people looking at him.

He couldn't stop thinking of Dean's eyes. He looked at me, he thought to himself. He treasured the small moment before realization hit him. Holy shit, what if he decided I was a nerd? Well... I should be proud of that, it's what's going to get me to college and out of my brother's house. He couldn't get the panic of what Dean might've been thinking out of his mind. In fact he was so anxious he didn't hear another word of his class, not until the bell rang. He breathed out a sigh of relief and gathered his stuff.

"Castiel, can you stay a moment?" Mr. Shurley asked. The boy stopped in front of the door and turned around. He walked up to the teachers desk, he was afraid he was in trouble for not paying attention in class earlier. "Castiel, do you know you're one of my best students?" Castiel mentally thanked God this wasn't anything bad. Castiel said that he knew he was a good student, but never imagined being that good. "You are, in fact I'm surprised you haven't enrolled yourself in one of my advanced classes." Castiel shrugged.

"I-uh-didn't want the extra homework if I'm being honest. I have to help my brothers with theirs, and I do my own, then I got to work part-time at the Burger Shack." Mr. Shurley nodded with a sympathetic look plastered on his face.

"I see," he hummed, "well I was going to ask you if you could tutor a student that might fail this class, but if you're too busy-"

"Actually I wouldn't mind it. I mean I have some free time, I don't mind helping other people, if they have this class it'll be fine." He gave a small smile. Mr. Shurley looked unsure.

"Are you certain?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, it just has to be on Tuesday or Thursday." Castiel returned. Those were they days he had off of work. Mr. Shurley smiled and nodded his head.

"Of course, here, I'll give you the name of the student you'll be helping, and then I'll tell him to meet you Tuesdays after school. You two can decide how long you'll be meeting for yourselves." Castiel smiled and grabbed the paper his teacher was handing him. Castiel thanked Mr. Shurley and walked out. His next class was lunch, so he didn't care how late he'd be.

When Castiel stepped outside he looked at the paper. There were only two words that stood out to him:

Dean Winchester.

Shit.