{Chapter 3}

Jaxel King grunts. "Uh, Mum, Dad, this was the girl I was talking about, you know, the, uh, one in the cafeteria?"

"Ohh, does Mr. Popular, talk about me to his parents?" I smirk.

He sighs, his mother however, rushes towards me and embraces me in a hug, whispering in my ear as she did so, "I already like you, I'm Mary."

I shrugged, I looked to his father as Mary walked back  towards her family.

"Hello, I'm Gracelyn Rose and this is my brother, Steven Rose."

"Well, thats done! Food anyone?" My mother calls out.

A crowd of agreements, and a couple seating plans arguments later, we were eating a delicious handmade chicken pie, with mash potato and gravy.

Yum!

"This is really good, Mrs Rose" The devil himself spoke.

Everyone looked surprised at the comment, but I, just suddenly caught a cold and started coughing. "Suck up" Cough Cough.

I received numerous glares. From my mother, father and Jaxel. Steven, however was silently shaking, trying to control his laughter.

"Why thank you, but please call me Emma" My mother being the polite woman she is, ignored her youngest daughter.

The love is obvious.

Looking at the table, I remembered I had some manners. "Excuse me, would you like me to take this?" I asked Jaxel's parents, I did this until I had three in my hands, put them on the bench and went to repeat the action.

I went to Jaxel, scarily slow.

Looking at him, "Excuse me, do you wish for me to take you plate."

Huffing, he pushed it towards with me.

I rolled my eyes. Jerk.

Oh... I just wanted to smash the plate of mashed potato in his face.

Sounds... Tempting.

But I didn't.

"Thank you Grace." My mother told me, smiling warmly.

A chorus of "Thanks" and "Cheers" filled the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks again for the lovely dinner, Mrs Rose or Emma" Jaxel thanked my mother as they headed to the door.

"Nonsense, you are very welcome."

"Thanks a lot for that Emma, at least tomorrow Grace has someone else she knows." Jaxel's mother, Mary, told my mother.

"Your welcome Mary, you guys can come over anytime, or if you need a hand I can send Grace over." My mother, suggested.

"It was a pleasure meeting you guys." I told them.

"Alright then, have a nice night." They left.

I hurried up the stairs, not wanting to face my mothers wrath.

"GRACELYN EMILY ROSE" My mother bellowed.

"Yes, favourite mother?" I was always instructed, to call my mum 'mother' when I was in trouble, and during formal meetings.

#livingtheposhlife

"I better be your only mother young girl." My mother warned.

"Yes ma. Now if you would excu-"