Chapter 7: Floody Concert

John's POV

Today is our concert. I hope Korey feels better. I still can't get over for what had happened last night. I need to apologize to her. I don't want her feeling all down while performing.

I went downstairs to have breakfast. Surprisingly, the others are already eating. Why didn't they wake me up? I took a seat and began to eat. Everybody was quiet.

"Hey, why didn't you guys wake me up?" I broke the silence.

Nobody responded, not even the kids. I can see that they're trying to eat faster. Jen seems nervous because she's sitting right close to me.

"Ummm... are y'all excited for the show?" I added with a light tone.

Again, nobody paid attention. The kids didn't finish their food and just... left. Are they mad at me for what I've done to Korey? Or are they all SCARED of me?

Everybody left the table without finishing their food. Korey glared at me before leaving.

"Hurry up, slowpoke. We're going to be late."

*AT THE CONCERT*

Everybody was dressed up. All of them were looking good... except for Korey. She still feels afraid of me. I slowly walked towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Please forgive me, Kor." I whispered on her ears trying not to cry.

She looked annoyed and took my hands off her. Great, she really does hate me now. Scotty peeked in and handed out our guitars. We took it and got onto the stage.

"Are you ready to rock, Michigan?"

*IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CONCERT*

That's it! I can't take this anymore.

I began to hyperventilate. I can't focus on my singing. The audience are wondering why Korey isn't energetic like she used to be. And why Jen isn't headbanging while drumming. Or why Seth isn't making aggressive faces while strumming the guitar.

And lastly... why aren't I screaming the lyrics out. I tried to but... I just messed it up and it turned out to be a squeak.

I can see that the crowd is already getting bored. Oh, what have I done?

You're pathetic.

There it goes again! That voice is tearing off my sanity. Or is it just me? Maybe I am the one who's twisted... no...

You're a coward. Your mother died because of you. You were a bad luck to the family. And now, you broke Korey's heart. You should've never been born. You're the reason why your whole family is living a life full of chaos.

"No, this isn't my fault!" I suddenly blurted.

The audience stopped roaring. They all looked at me. Even Korey and the others stopped playing their instruments. I was supposed to sing a lyric but instead, I replaced it with an embarrassing outburst.

All of a sudden, images of the past flashed through my mind. It was unexpecting! I didn't know what to do. I couldn't stop it. I remember EVERYTHING! Dad's horrible beatings, kids bullying me at school, being a convict, Mom... dying.

"Mom..." I muttered.

Before I knew it, liquid poured down my eyes. Everyone was staring. Korey gave me a death glare.

"What in the world are you doing?!" she mouthed.

"Doggy, stop being a crybaby!" Jen yelled at me.

"Yeah, John. You're ruining the show!" Seth added.

"Boo! This show sucks! Especially the lead singer." someone shouted from the crowd.

A lot of them started whispering to each other. Others brought out their cellphones to video me. I just stood there unable to make a single movement. For a minute, I went adrenaline. I trashed violently on the stage while sobbing.

"Y'all don't understand!" I screamed on top of my lungs.

I felt lower than dirt.

Jen's POV❤

John started acting like a three year old three minutes ago. Gosh, I have never seen him act like that. He really messed up the show. Our reputation is ruined. I guess our career is over as well.

"Alright, everyone. I'm sorry but we have to cance this show. We'll come back next month." Korey announced.

The crowd started to leave but one of them complained, "Don't even bother to. You guys suck!"

Korey calmed down her nerves and went on to check on John. A group of news reporters suddenly blocked her way.

"Hey, what are you up to?" I called out.

They grinned mischievously and ran to the backstage. Oh no, they're going to interview John! They're going to make things worse!

"Get away! Don't look at me!"

We heard John's helpless screams. Korey, Seth, and I rushed to help him. We came to a group of reporters trying to break down the door where John retreated. They kept on kicking it. I can hear John panicking and wailing inside.

"Knock it off this instance!" Seth ordered.

Nobody paid attention. We couldn't do anything. There were a lot of reporters and we were overpowered.

"Stop! I'll... I'll come out."

John opened the door... he looked horrible. His face was reddish from crying. His eyes were bloodshot and his eyeliner was extremely messy. Its ink is flowing down his cheeks. His clothes were tattered and his skin has some bruises on it. He looked like he just came from a mental hospital.

The reporters were astonished at first but they proceeded to interview him. They also took lots of pictures while he spoke and even a video too. I can feel John's pride being stomped on by the minute.

"Mr. Cooper, why were you acting peculiar earlier? Or was it because you're feeling like a ... MONSTER?"

They all laughed at the question. John eyed us. His mentally telling me to help him.. but we're being restrained by a couple of reporters.

"I... I don't know." John sobbed again. "He just keeps on coming back."

"He? Who's he?"

Oh no, John... what have you done?! Why did you say that, you dimwit!

"DJ. He haunts me every single day. He's driving me crazy! It's all because of my abusive father."

The reporters shot a look at each other and laughed. "He's clearly a lunatic! Even his own father was. I guess the Cooper family is demented."

After a while, they all left. John just sat down on the stool... emotionless.