Chapter 1: Lonely Streets

Korey's POV

I wandered around these cold lonely streets. The rain was pouring heavy drops that soaked my jacket. I didn't mind the cold though. I like it this way.

While I was walking around, some random guy bumped on me.

"Oof."

I stumbled aback but managed not to trip.

The guy didn't bother to look up to me. He was carrying a lot of items. I even saw him carrying a knife and some... drugs.

"Sorry, Miss."

The guy was in a hurry and left.

What is he going to do with those dangerous things? And his voice seems familliar. Is he the guy from our class that has an abusive and nasty father?

I looked around to find him but he was nowhere in sight.

I don't want to get involved but my instincts are screaming at me to find him. If anything bad happens to him, I'm going to be the one who's guilty 'cause I'm the last person he encountered.

I sprunged into action and ran to the direction where I last saw him.

I ran and ran. The muddy puddles were creating big stains on my pants but I heeded no attention to it. I almost tripped a few times but I managed to stand up.

It felt like forever until I heard whimpers that sounded like his.

I stopped on my tracks and tried to search for him. He must be hiding in an alley.

I was panicking at this moment because as the time went on, his crying got louder and nastier. At the same time, I can hear sounds of flesh ripping.

Suddenly, I saw him in the corner of my eyes.

What I saw was terrifying.

There he laid on the cold cement floor. He has multiple cuts on his body. Chunks of his own flesh were laying beside him. He was bathing on his own blood.

I was paralyzed at this point. I never witnessed anything like this before. What am I going to do?

Suddenly, he looked up to the heavens above with tears on his eyes. He finally smiled and closed his lovely eyes.

I screamed. He's dead! But there might still be some time to save him.

I ran to his side. I lifted his head up and layed him on my lap.

His face was completely still. He was compltely unconscious, yet he still looked so handsome even with these freshly inflicted bruises covering his face. His blonde hair was soaked and was reaching down to his neck.

He's like the male version of sleeping beauty.

How could his own father lead him in destroying his own self? Doesn't he know that his son is utterly perfect?

I cried at this thought. I love him from the first place. I want to save him and be with him.

"Help! Help us!" I screamed as loudly as I could.

I paused and looked around but there was no one in sight.

"Hold on." I said to the man that I am cradling.

I kissed his forehead and brushed my fingers on his soft blonde hair.

"Help! Someone is dying here!!!"

I tried even harder.

Fortunately, someone heard my distressed calls. He called for the others to help me lift John up. They called for an ambulance and put him on a stretcher.

I hope he's going to be okay.

The nurse who was putting him on a stretcher becknoned me to come inside the ambulance too.

I followed him and went inside.

(Published it earlier. I'm a rule breaker hehehe!)