Chapter 6: Confession

❤Korey's POV❤

"Aaah! *gurgling sounds*"

I heard John's blood curdling screams pierce my ears when I was sitting in the front seat of our tour bus.

"Korey, there's something wrong with John!" Seth yelled.

Scotty looked at me and urged me to take a look at John. I nodded and proceeded to where John and Seth is.

Okay, obviously I'm already starting to get pissef off by John. He's acting really odd these past few days and he's starting to get on my nerves. My husband is a funny guy full of harmless pranks but thid one is just... too much.

I stopped on my tracks once I saw John having a seizure on the floor. He was shaking violently and it looked like he was trying to fight some invisible force. He was clawing on his neck and was making disturbing gurgling sounds. I glanced at Seth who was frozen in shock by John's condition.

I kneeled near my poor trembling and sobbing husband.

"John, snap out of it! I'm here." I tried to stop him from shaking but he was violently fighting back.

I grasped his hands and I hugged him. He suddenly stopped trembling and he sat back up and cried on my shoulder. I rubbed his back with my hands to comfort him.

"Shhh.... it's over, baby it's over."

I looked around me and the others were just staring down at him with stunned faces, including our children.

John stood up and yelled again, "Please, stop it! I'm sick of you tormenting me day and night."

What the?! Did he just yell at thin air? Is my husband going mad? Is he losing his sanity all over again? Who's going to look after my kids once I've found out it's true? And what about our band Skillet?

So many questions filled my mind, it might have exploded. I need to know!

"John, would you please tell me what's going on?!"

"Korey... I can't. It's just tooo hard to explain. If I did explain, you wouldn't even believe me. So, what's the point?"

This time, he is really trying my patience. I just sucked it up and waited until we have arrived at the hospital. A few minutes passed and we've managed to reach our destination. John carefully lifted the poor Seth from the couch and brought him inside thr hospital. Luckily, the doctor said that Seth didn't have any severe injuries but he still needs to stay in the hospital for a couple of hours for further observations.

The moon rose up in the heavens and it was a sign for us to go home. The rest of the staff wanted to stay at the hospital with Seth so John and the kids including me, set off to go home.

I used our alone time in the house as an opportunity to get real with John. I grabbed him by the arm as soon as we got home and led him straight to our bedroom so that the children won't see the arguement that we're going to make.

I locked the door and turned to the confused John.
"What?" he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and said, "For the second time, John tell me WHAT.IS.GOING.ON.WITH.YOU?!"

John sighed and took a seat on the edge of the bed. Clutching the white sheets tightly he said, "Korey, I've been seeing visions of DJ again."

I gasped in disbelief. It's already been 2 decades and John still couldn't get over his dark delusions. I walked closely to him and yelled, "What is wrong with you?! Are you being a lunatic again? DJ isn't real and he will never EVER exist! You understand?"

❤John's POV❤
I can't believe it! How could my own wife not believe a word I said? He is very real! DJ's very real. He only appears to me and not to others because he's my dark side that managed to come out of me because of all the agony and suffering I went through.

Hit her.

What? Who said that?

I flashed a look at Korey if she had said anything. But obviously she hadn't for the voice was sinister and... familliar. I stood up, panicking.

"Who the heck are you?!" I called back.

"John, stop it! You're acting crazy again. Screw you!"

Korey stood up and began to storm off.

Hit her, John. She hates you now. Everybody hates you. Only I could love you. And for that to happen, you need to hit little Kor-Kor.

The voice was right. Everybody hates me. My father hated me, Pat hated me, and now... even my own wife hates me.

Before Korey could reach the door, I got in her way. She looked confused.

Perfect.

Laughing like a maniac, I tackled her on the ground. She gasped and frowned at me.

"John, what do you think you are doing? Get off me!"

I didn't say a word. I raised my fist and hit her right on the nose. She yelped and her nose began to bleed. Her eyes started to water. I laughed at her suffering.

Oh, it feels so good to treat her as my punching bag!  I WANT MORE!

I grabbed a picture frame and slammed it on her head. The glass shattered into pieces and cut her so badly. Blood formed on her head. More tears flow down her eyes.

"P-please, stop!" she begged.

Never! She deserves it!
Korey has always been a worthless wife!
She's weak.
She's a crybaby.
She's ugly.
She's scrawny.
She was NEVER PERFECT and I hate her so much!
I never loved... her.

Wait... what am I even saying? I take it all back.

I looked at the broken bloody picture frame that I was holding and realized that it was our wedding picture. Tears blinded my eyes as soon as I saw it.

I DO love Korey!
She's beautiful.
She 's EVERYTHING to me.
So why am I hurting her?

What have I become?

I respect Korey more than myself. The first time I kissed her, it felt like paradise.

That voice.. I blame it! It sounded so convincing... sounded so right. Something else was controlling me. I would never hurt my precious wife.

I kneeled down near the bleeding Korey.

She looked so scared. Scared of her own husband.

"Korey... I'm so... sorry. I never mean to-"

"No! Don't you ever touch me! I hate you, John!" she cut me off.

She weakly stood up and ran for the door. She shut it, leaving me all alone with guilt.

Korey never told me that she hates me. This is all my fault. I'm sorry, baby.

I crawled on the bed and collapsed. Bitter tears filled my eyes.

(A/N: Awww! What's happening to Jorey? )