Chapter 26

Chapter 26 [edited]

            We asked around for a coach and we finally found one. Cole paid the bus driver and we got into our seats. I sat by the window and Cole sat besides me. We were finally off to Pennsylvania, where I would have to let go of Cole. I had the urge to jump out of the bus and tell Cole that I didn't want to go to Pennsylvania but I didn't, what if he didn't feel the same?

"We're finally off to Pennsylvania," I said with a small smile and Cole smiled back.

"Yeah let's just hope we don't get caught by a Scorpion member or something," Cole told me.

"Yeah, you know after this I don't think I'll drive. We've had some bad luck with cars"

            Cole chuckled, "Yeah" then the bus came to life as everyone buckled down, the doors closed and then we drove off. There's no going back now. 

                It felt like hours since we were sitting on the coach and I rested my head on the window as Cole looked down in deep thoughts.  "What are you going to do when you get to Pennsylvania?" I asked him.

            I looked at Cole and he shrugged, "I don't know, stay in the safe house. It's kind of isolated so I don't have much to worry about" I nodded and let out a yawn and Cole smiled, "tired already feisty?"

"Well we have had a long day,"

              "Go to sleep," I sighed and rested my head on Cole's shoulder, I felt him tense but then he held my hand in his. I don't know why I did that, maybe because I know that this would be the last I see of him and I just wanted to cherish our last moments, I guess. I breathed in his musky scent and found myself going to sleep. "Feisty, hey Melissa" I felt something poke my arm but brushed it away "Feisty wake up," I groaned and slowly opened my eyes to see Cole looking down at me with an amused expression.

"Are we here already?" I asked my voice slightly hoarse but then I cleared my throat.

"No, we're at a service station do you need to use the toilet or want something to eat?"

             "Now that you mention it I really need to pee," Cole chuckled and we got out of the coach along with the other passengers. I used the toilet, changed my bandage and Cole brought some snacks and drinks for us. We got back into the coach, there was only a little bit of people in here.  Me and Cole sat back into our seats and started munching on our snacks.

"Hey I have a question," I told him.

He chuckled, "don't you always?"

           I rolled my eyes at him, "shut up, anyway my question is- how do I get home from Pennsylvania? I have no car and no money,"

             He seemed to be in deep thought, "we'll figure something out when we get there," he shot me a small smile and I smiled back. "Anyway how's your arm?"

             I looked down at my wounded arm, "you mean my battle scar?" I laughed "it's okay, it doesn't hurt any more."

"You should get it checked out by a doctor when you get home,"

"Yeah, um, how's your wound?"

He shrugged, "It's okay I kind of forgot about it so I haven't really felt any pain,"

"Does it hurt now?"

"No, I think it's in the process of finally healing properly"

I nodded, "You need to see a doctor too--"

"I can't"

"-- what if I didn't stitch it properly?"

             "I'm sure you stitched it perfectly I-- I trust you," it sounded as if he was going to say something else but I didn't push it. I smiled at him and then we were off to Pennsylvania.

             This is really happening we are actually going to Pennsylvania and I will be leaving Cole soon, that thought alone makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry. I don't want to leave him, I shouldn't be thinking like this but I can't help myself. Is it normal to have feelings for the guy who kidnapped you, kept you hostage and made you a target for a gang but then again when has my life ever been normal? I mean I caught my Mum cheating on my Dad, then she left, then my Dad died and I had to move in with my Uncle. I guess when Cole came in to my life it just turned into a whole new level of abnormal. 

            Feeling this way for Cole was scary especially since I don't know whether he felt the same way. I can't just come out and say what I'm feeling, what if he laughs at me or tells me that I should just move on with my life because he didn't want me in his. Or what if he felt the same way? All these questions were flying through my head and I could only focus one thing.

I really really like Cole Kennedy.

Short chapter I know I'm sorry, I've been so busy. My Aunt is getting married soon and I have to go wedding shopping and I have so much Summer Work to do *sigh* but we have a little insight of how Melissa is feeling about the whole situation.  So yay Colissa! 

Anyways.... comment and vote! More comments= faster uploads!