thirty-seven :: maya meets the end 2

"Josh don't do it!" I begged him and be threatened to shoot himself.

"I can't live without you, Maya!" He yelled hysterically, "You can always die with me, like Romeo and Juliet."

"You're sick!" I yelled back.

"Say that again!" He threatened me, "Say that one more time and I'll shoot both of us." He pointed the gun at me once again.

I instantly stop talking, I could feel my heart beat pulse through my whole body.

"I can't live without you Maya, I told you this already." He spat, "Don't underestimate me."

I looked down at my feet because I can't stand to see what he's become. I can't watch his demons taking over his thoughts and actions.

This isn't Josh, I refuse to believe it's him.

To me he's the Josh who was flirty, and persistent when it came to me. I even remember the day he confessed his feelings for me.

Flashback;

I finally got into the coffee shop and out of the rain. I went to meet Josh, he told me he needed to talk to me about something.

I saw him waiting for me, he was nervously tapping his fingers on the table as I went to sit across from him.

"Hey Josh," I greeted him.

His eyes connected with mine and he smiled, "Hey Maya, I'm glad you came."

"How could I deny? It sounded important." I smiled back at him.

"Okay," He said uneasy, "I need to tell you something and do you promise not to say anything to Riley?"

I was unsure at first, but how bad could this be?

"You can trust me," I put my hand over his trying to comfort him.

"I like you," He blurted out and my heart warmed, "A lot. I can't stop thinking about you. And I know you had a crush on me a long time ago, and I feel like such an idiot that I was so rude to you- but I can't help it, I crave the feeling I get while I'm with you. And I know that Riley might be mad because I am her uncle and I should be responsible but..."

I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me and I met him in the middle of the table.

I looked him in the eyes before I kissed him, I could feel him relax into the kiss, and I knew in that moment that he was the one for me.

"I like you too Josh," I said after I broke the kiss.

Flashback over;

"I miss what we had," Josh said.

Me too, I thought.

"But you love Lucas now," Josh's voice had an angry edge to it, "But I know you love me more."

"What?" I whispered, shocked by his words.

"Lucas might be with you now, but he wasn't your first." Josh said,"He'll never feel how tight you were, and he never will."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, extremely confused, but angry that he brought my virginity into this.

"You can't be with him, I know you can't." He looked me in the eyes, "It took you forever to get over me. You used to avoid things that reminded you of me. So what makes you think that you can have sex with Lucas without being reminded of me?"