eighteen :: maya meets shawn

A/N: Thank you so much for 11k! I never thought my story could reach 11k! Don't worry, the story is far from over :))

Texas 1-3 just aired and I'm so emotional.

"Shawn?" I said shocked, "What are you doing here?"

"Cory told me everything, you should not be moving in with Lucas! You've barely been together and especially right after you broke up with Josh?!" Shawn said concerned.

"You can't just walk back in my life, Shawn. You're not my father, and you weren't there for me when my mom died!" I raised my voice my voice.

"Maya, what's going on?" Lucas asked from behind me.

"Oh look who it is," Shawn said sarcastically, "You're Riley's boy, aren't you?"

"He's my boy actually," I grabbed Lucas and pulled him to my side. Lucas seemed surprised but he didn't move, "And you would know that if you stopped by every once and while."

"I was hurt about Katy, okay? I just needed some time to myself." He said his brown eyes dropping.

"You were hurt?" I got angry at him, "That was my mother Shawn! I needed you and you disappointed me."

"Well I'm here now, Maya! And I'm not leaving this time!" Shawn said.

"This isn't some shitty episode of 'Full House', you need to leave!" I yelled, and I heard Lucas chuckle from behind me.

"Please, Maya. I want to be here for you." Shawn said his eyes sympathetic.

"Not after what happened I'm sorry." I shrugged my hair falling around my face.

"Please." He begged.

"Shawn-" Before I could say anything else Lucas interrupted me.

"How about you join us for dinner and we will see what happens." Lucas said calming.

I looked at Lucas angrily and he gave me a sweet smile back.

"Oh," Shawn said smiling, "What time is dinner?"

"Right now!" Lucas said.

"We didn't make any dinner, Lucas!" I whispered in his ear.

"We have some left over ramen, and that won't take long." He whispered back, "He doesn't deserve our good food."

I laughed and let Shawn in.

Shawn looked around, he was probably surprised by how nice we kept our apartment. Yes, it was small. But we made the best of it.

Our blankets and candy were still on the floor from our movie night.

I gave him a tour, "This is the couch. You can't sit on it though, no dogs on the couch."

"Maya!" Lucas scolded me from the kitchen where he was making the ramen.

"Lucas!" I yelled back impersonating him.

Shawn just laughed and shook his head, "This is a nice place you guys got."

"Thanks." Lucas said from the kitchen, "Dinner's almost done."

"Oh, what are you making?" Shawn asked.

"Our specialty," I said.

"It's very special to us." Lucas added joining to the joke.

"Oh really?" Shawn smiled sitting at the dining table.

I sat across from him. He looked at me and I raised on eyebrow at him as if to say 'What do you want?'

"Here's your food!" Lucas said handing him a bowl of ramen.

Shawn didn't  seem shocked at all, he just smiled, "My favorite."

Lucas handed me my ramen and he sat down beside me.

We ate in silence. All that was heard was the sounds of our utensils on the bowl.

"So," Lucas said awkwardly, "What have you been up to Shawn?"

"Um," He said, "I've been traveling, trying to find myself."

"Shawn why are you here?" I blurted out. I was tired of the small talk.

"I told you Maya." He said.

"I don't believe you. You're only here because of what Mr. Matthews said, not because you wanted a better relationship with me."

"You really want to know Maya?" Shawn asked.

"Yes, that's why I asked you." I smart mouthed him.

"I don't have much longer time with you." He said.

"What do you mean?" I said concerned. Lucas placed his large hand on my thigh calming me down.

"I have to take this job in California, it would finally be my big break. I get to write for the big newspaper there." He explained.

"Oh." I said surpised, "You weren't there before, so nothing will change if you leave."

"Maya." Lucas said disappointed, "You've missed him and you know it."

"Shawn I-" Before I could finish Lucas interrupted me.

"Stay the night, Shawn. It's getting late and it would be easier for you to crash here." Lucas suggested.

"Thanks Lucas," Shawn smiled and got up from his seat.

-

While Lucas was helping Shawn set up the couch as his bed.

I changed into Lucas' shirt, it smelled just like him and it was lovely. I layed in bed watching TV waiting for Lucas.

The door opened revealing my boyfriend. Lucas looked attractive in his tight shirt that showed off all his muscles and his shorts showed his tan legs.

"Hey babe," Lucas smiled making my heart warm as he climbed into bed.

I turned of the TV and all the lights so we could finally end this long day.

Lucas pulled me into his chest and my body fit perfectly into his. I was addicted to the feeling of his heartbeat on my back. Maybe it was the concerned side of me, but I always want to know he's okay.

I'm not in love with him.... am I?