twenty-five :: maya meets bad boys 2

MAYA'S POV:

What Jacob said left me speechless.

He left me there, and walked out to lunch. I saw a peek of a rose tattoo on his back. It was beautiful, and it made me wonder what influenced him to get all those tattoos.

"Hey Maya." Lucas said snapping me out of thought, "I thought we could walk to lunch together."

"Ya." I said getting up and walking with Lucas. He reached out of my hand and I pulled back, "Sorry my hands are sticky from a lab," I lied.

I didn't want Jacob to see me holding hands with Lucas.

What is happening to me?

"Oh, I understand." Lucas smiled down at me and butterflies flew around in my stomach.

"I made a new friend today." I told him as we sat down at our lunch table.

"Who?" He asked as he sat right across from me.

"Jacob." I told him.

His eyes turned angry, "Maya, Jacob is not a dude you want to be hanging out with."

"Why not?" I asked getting confused.

"He's a bad influence, and I can tell he's into you." Lucas said frustrated.

"He can't be any worse than how I used to be." I whispered.

Lucas' anger dropped and he looked at me sympatheticly, "I just don't want what happened with Josh to repeat itself."

I knew I probably shouldn't hang out with Jacob so I agreed not to hang out with him again.

-

The bell rang and me and Lucas split up and went to different classes.

I was walking down the hall when someone peeped up beside me.

"What do you have next?" I turned to see it was Jacob.

"Art." I replied.

"Me too." Jacob smiled and I got butterflies again, but they weren't the same butterfiles as when Lucas would smile at me.

"You're into art?" I asked him as we entered the Art room.

"See all these tattoos?" He rolled up his sleeves to show both of his arms covered in ink, "I did all of them."

"You did?" I asked obviously impressed.

"Well all the ones I could reach myself. But the ones on my back I designed and had someone else do." He explained.

"Oh like your rose tattoo." I said my words slipping away from me.

"Maya Hart, have you been staring at my back?" He said cheekily his mouth turning into a smirk.

"No." I immediately declined.

"Sure." He said not believing me.

Today we had to sketch anything we wanted, but it had to be of importance sense it would be hand in hand with an essay about our drawing.

I sat right next to Jacob.

Not that I minded, it's just that Lucas did.

I started to sketch out a scene. Lucas and I in the front seat of his car, with Riley in the back seat sound asleep. It was when he first told me he loved me.

"What are you sketching, Hart?" Jacob asked me.

"A event that has a lot of importance to me." I said still drawing, "What are you drawing?"

"My mom. But a younger version of her, I'm trying to copy this picture my dad has of her when she was about our age." He explained.

"That's great." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

I guess Jacob isn't a bad kid, he just has had a bad background, like me.

The bell rang once again signaling it was finally time to leave school.

Jacob followed me out right behind me and as we exited there was a lot of people surrounding us. The halls could get pretty hectic.

"Maya Hart," He said loudly, "Will you go out with me?"

Everyone turned at was facing me and Jacob.

"No." I declined him and everyone either frowned or laughed at Jacob.

"What are you saying Maya?" Jacob whispered to me.

"You know I love Lucas okay? I thought we could just be friends." I shrugged.

I saw a pain flash in Jacob's eyes before he said, "You're going to regret this."

He stormed away from the croud as I took a deep breath.

What did he mean? You're going to regret this.

I ran away from everybody and went to go look for Lucas.

Suddently I ran into something. Or somebody. I could smell the cologne. It was Lucas.

I gave him a big hug and I squeezed him tight.

"Hey Maya." Lucas laughed. Its only been an hour but God I missed that laugh, "Is anything wrong?"

"No." I lied to him again. I didn't want him to worry.

And mostly becuase I didn't know what Jacob was capable of...