1.05 The Kyln

After Gamora had finished Thea's hair, they were escorted out, Thea holding tightly onto Gamora's hand

After Gamora had finished Thea's hair, they were escorted out, Thea holding tightly onto Gamora's hand. They reunited with Peter, Groot, and Rocket as they walked down the corridor into the main area of the prison. They were each given a sleeping mat, one that which the guards slammed into their chests.

Anxiety quickly took over Thea's body and she began shaking. Her grip on Gamora's hand tightened as the green woman guided her sister further into the open area.

Thea could feel eyes all around her. She made eye contact with a few people, feeling their harsh glares before her focus turned to the floor below her.

Something hit the ground in front of her, causing her to shift her gaze to Peter, who met her eyes.

"You first! You first!" Some yelled.

"Murderers!"

"Coming for you first, Gamora!"

"I'll get you, little princess!"

"You're both dead!"

The yells continued.

Gamora continued on, pulling Thea along with her. The other inmates threw things at them, causing Thea to nearly break into tears. Peter watched as the orange girl flinched and shook as her sister walked with her. He felt bad for her, but he didn't know what to do. He didn't know her and she didn't know him. They were strangers.

"You're scum! You're scum!"

"It's like I said, they've got a rep." Rocket told Peter as he walked past the two women, "A lot of prisoners here have lost their families to Ronan and his goons. They'll last a day, tops."

Peter gave Thea a sympathetic smile before he turned around and continued to walk. Gamora ran her thumb over the top of Thea's hand as they followed.

"The guards will protect them, right?" Peter asked.

"They're here to stop us from getting out. They don't care what we do to each other inside." Rocket replied.

"Whatever nightmares the future holds, are dreams compared to what's behind us." Gamora stated.

Peter turned around to look at them, mostly trying to catch Thea's eye, but her head remained down.

The orange girl tried to keep it together until she and Gamora were alone. She was biting her lip so hard that she was sure she made herself bleed. She felt like that helpless child again, who watched as her people died.