1.04 Hooked On a Feeling

Start from the beginning

"What the hell?" Saal questioned when Groot came into view.

"They call it "Groot." A humanoid plant that's been traveling recently as 89P13's personal houseplant slash muscle." Groot moved closer to the device scanning him.

"Peter Jason Quill, from Terra." Peter was slowly reeling his finger to flip Dey and Saal off, "Raised from youth by a band of mercenaries called the Ravagers, led by Yondu Udonta."

Peter looked in fake shock at his finger, "Oh, I'm sorry. I-I didn't know how this machine worked."

"What a bunch of a-holes." Saal commented. Dey chuckled, "Transport all five to the Kyln."

[The Kyln]

[The Kyln]

"I guess most the Nova Corps wanna uphold the laws, but these ones here, they're corrupt and cruel." Rocket chucked, "But hey, that's not my problem. I ain't gonna be here long. I've escaped 22 prisons. This one's no different."

Thea wanted to gouge the raccoon's eyes out as he continued talking. Not only were memories of her family before Thanos were brought back to her mind, but she was listening to a rodent be a complete asshole.

She walked silently behind Gamora, feeling Peter's eyes staring in the back of her head. He had heard about who she was before Thanos took her. He didn't understand how a former princess could be so violent or what happened to her people. He tried talking to her on the transport, but she ignored him.

She struggled with the collar around her neck. It was itchy and tight. It felt like she couldn't breathe. She prayed that once they were processed, they would take it off. She couldn't use much of her powers once she was inside, not that she wanted to. Once they were inside, Thea would likely fall into a corner and cry.

"You're lucky the broads showed up, cause otherwise, me and Groot would be collecting that bounty right now, and you'd be getting drawn and quartered by Yondu and those Ravagers."

It finally clicked for Thea that all Rocket's babbling was aimed at Peter. That's why they were trying to sack him. Someone had placed a bounty on his head.

"I've had a lot of folks try to kill me over the years. I ain't about to be drawn down by a tree and a talking raccoon." Peter responded.

"Hold." the guard in the front commanded.

"What's a raccoon?" Rocket asked.

""What's a raccoon?" It's what you are, stupid!" Peter stated.

Both Thea and Gamora turned around to glare at him. Thea more wanted him to shut up. The faster they went and did this, the faster she could go and cry.

"Ain't no thing like me, except me." Rocket said gesturing to himself.

"So, this Orb has a real shiny suitcase, Ark of the Covenant, Maltese Falcon sort of vibe. What is it?" Peter asked.