Chapter 14: Again

Start from the beginning

Go on, Sofia. You can do it.

With the encouragement being received from my subconscious, I detailed the matters . The expressions twisted on their faces with each passing movement and I was growing anxious by every second. By the end, Phillipe was raging with anger and his fists were clenched by his sides, tightly.

He stormed out of the room when I was explaining my divorce matter with Samuel. Sein followed him after giving me a reassuring nod.

"He is very angry, isn't he?" I asked the two people who stood by me from the time I entered into this huge palace, I call home.

"He is. But I am sure that he will cool down." I felt a hand give my shoulder a light squeeze and turned to see Ivanna. These two people were more of a family than my own parents. I did not personally put the blame on my parents. It wasn't their fault that they were too busy involve in my life activities.

"Umm...why don't we hang out for today?" Valery piped in.

That wasn't a bad idea. Once after coronation, my wings would be cut to fly on my own. They would bound me with the ropes of responsibilities and rules. A mass of population would depend on my working and rarely an opportunity will knock my door to spend time with myself.

"Sure. Tell Alejandro to set the car."

Alejandro raced through the streets of Madrid. I and Ivanna were discussing about the dress for my coronation ceremony whereas Valery and Alejandro were stealing secret glances. That amused me and Ivanna but we kept our words and feelings to ourselves.

"Hey...stop! Stop!"Alejandro ceased the engine at Valery's request.

"This one designs awesome. You should definitely try their designs." Valery jumped ut of the car, followed by me, Ivanna and her lover.

Rozero's Boutique. It read.

Interesting.

We crossed the road and entered the inviting boutique which was shimmering with bright lights. I let my eyes trail over the dresses displayed by the glass doors of the shop. 

"Hey beautiful ladies." A masculine voice greeted us. The guy twisted the cap that adorned his thick black hair. His brown skin shone under the lights of boutique that could dazzle ones eyes with its brightness.

"así, ¿en qué puedo ayudarle, Valery." He smiled at her, extending his hand as a friendly gesture. But of course, Alejandro could not see clearly and rounded Valery's waist with his masculine hand. (Hello, How may I help you?)

Possessive.

"I heard bodyguards are really very possessive with their girlfriends," Ivanna whispered in my ear and giggled excitedly.

"Please speak English. I don't need anything. In fact, that girl needs some help." She pointed at me with a tight smile tugged on her small lips.

I knew she was feeling uncomfortable with the way Alejandro was shooting the man with his eyes. Not to mention, the steel grip of the hand he secured around her waist.

Then the man directed his gaze towards me, saying, "Hello. My name's Luke an you might be..?"

"Ivanna."

"Sofia."

After the introductory part, he started taking my measurements and discussed the colours that would go with my features and skin tone. Meanwhile, Valery and Alejanro disappeared into the shadows to discuss ..ehem...private matters that would need their tongues battling.

The guy really was talented more than his looks gave out. He spoke like a person who would launch the biggest fashion show displaying the most beautiful designs the world could ever witness. His designs made my hands twitch in the way to caress their smooth silk. Each design had their own unique code to display a woman's beauty as a man's desire.

They were eye catching fixing my attention on them for a long time. I studied each and every detail of all the dresses hung in the boutique while Ivanna was making a friendly conversation with Luke for her next birthday dress.

Suddenly, my throat felt a little dry and my stomach grumbled for a bite of evening snack.

"Hey Ivanna, I am feeling hungry," I whispered in her ear after she had excused herself.

"Um... we will grab a quick snack then?"

"No, no. I'll go by myself. There is a restaurant across the street. Be with the love birds."

"Are you sure?" Her face showed concern.

"Yes, I am. What would happen? I am still not Queen and no one knows me."

"But you remember how edward-"

"I remember that Ivanna and I am sure that the person mistook me for someone else." I reassured her with my sweet words and left the boutique in a hurry to satisfy my complaining stomach.

I asked the cashier for a burger, fries and water bottle. She smiled and gave me the receipt to collect the order from take away section of the restaurant. I smile back at her as a kind gesture and strolled towards take away section.

Once I grabbed the deliciousness, I came out of cafe and advanced along the way that leads to boutique. The sun was going down colouring the sky with taces of orange and yellow whilst the sun was a colour of glaring red. The moon was set to come and shine on the dark sky of the night.

My legs were walking alongside the road and my bracelets jingled, the beads clashing with each other. The crowd was slowly increasing man by man. Through each passing second, the streets started becoming more crowded and busy in a mere two minute walk to boutique.

The women who passed by me, spoke about daily chores and how it was difficult to manage both household and work. I could kind of make an understanding with them considering I was in their shoes a month ago, struggling my life to manage the position of cafe manager and a four-year-old naughty Ethan.

On my way to my destination, I saw a familiar face advancing towards me from the far sight. I immediately recognised him as Edward when his features became more sharp and clear to my eyes.

I waved him excitedly and he waved back, grinning. But before I could go and greet him, I felt a cloth on my mouth and slowly my vision became blurry. My mind couldn't decipher what was happening and my eyes drooped dragging me into the world filled with striking darkness.

Chloroform.

*********

Okay. Long time no see. eh?

To all my silent readers, please and please and please.

VOTE AND COMMENT your opinions as they mean a lot to me.

and yeah.. I am thinking about a new book.

teenfiction or romance? please comment:)