I challenged her further by gazing into her eyes. For a mere second we locked eyes, our thoughts private from each other. Elena was contemplating something and by easing her grip from my neck, her anger dissipated.

"I'm your sire?" Elena ran her fingers through my hair. I sighed into her comfort. She relaxed me. "You know what it's like to have others in your care. I protect you. And I need you to trust that I can handle it all."

Our bond was new and unfamiliar. I thought of how my father use to comfort me a he gave words of wisdom. But this was more. Elena wasn't my father. She was a woman that made me feel so many things for her. It was an intimate feeling. The magic of two vampires, or half vampires, it was strong. I could see how vampires were natural sexual breeds. The aura was hard md it took a reminder of my real feelings. My heart did not belong to her and that's what kept us from reacting to the vampiric enthrall.

I stepped back, taking a breath.

"Damn...I almost thought you two were going to kiss." Blair walked in with her two puppets. "I didn't want to be like one of those rude invasive ones who walks in on something like that."

"Can you just tell us what you want so we can get back to the people who matter to us?" If she thought I would ask nicely or say please she would be disappointed. By her expression she looked disappointed.

"We're going on a field trip." Blair snapped her fingers. "Stand up." Her tone was authoritative, no mock kindness or humor in her voice this time.

Using the walls for support we stood, Mason and Peta approached, a gun in each of their hand. I'm sure silver and wooden bullets. We followed quietly, feeling the cold air of night as a SUV was parked, motor still running out front.

Elena and I sat in the back seats, the middle roll of seats twisted around for Mason and Peta to face us. Blair sat in between Elena and me, her hand falling immediately onto my lap.

I grimaced, finding her touch repulsive. "What?...there was a time you welcomed it...in fact loved my touch." Blair pretended furtively to glance at Elena, a smirk edged in the corner of her lips. "Is it my daughter?" She whispered acting secretive knowing Elena could still hear her.

By the expression on Elena's face and her eyes staring daggers at Blair's hand on my thigh, Elena was definitely bothered by the sight of it. Not because of jealousy but because of the assault of her touch.

Ignoring her daughter's hostile look, Blair twisted more to me, her hands running further between my legs. I tried shrugging her away but she was like a snake slithering over me. Her lips grazed my cheek as she whispered, "not even one kiss...for old time sake?"

I turned, our eyes locked to one another. My hybrid spilled through my eyes in warning. "Back off me. I still have my canines to rip into you."

"Watch your fucking self, Kayla." I dismissed Mason's warning and snarled. Mason pulled the trigger shooting me in my abdomen.

I snarled, heaving over as the pain burned and felt like knives cutting into my organs and intestines.

"Control your fucking minions," Elena sneered, reacting to me being shot.

As the SUV began to drive, every bump on the road seemed to add to my pain, shifting the bullet inside me.

"Save your bullets," Blair told Mason, her lips drawn in tight. She hadn't approved of him shooting me either. Blair ripped my shirt open, my head falling back into the head rest as I stiffen. My muscles were very rigid as I contained about half of the snarls that wanted to emanate out. "Don't worry. I'm not trying to take advantage of you. I know you've been through that before with your uncle. Just want to dig the bullet out of you."