15 ~ Removing the Masks

Start from the beginning

Cedric knew right off where he wanted to take her. "We are going to Edinburgh!

Vixen immediately shook her head. "Not the muggle world! I have never been nor do I wish to! I don't know how to act or know any rules of their world!"

"Vixen, Trust me." He soothed as he gently caressed her hand.

That was all the convincing Vixen needed. He had done to her what she had done to him not too long ago. She trusted him and believed he would keep her safe.

"I'll tell you what little ice Queen. We won't go to the muggle world till tonight! But we are going to leave the grounds now. With that Cedric stood up and took hold of Vixen's hand and lead her out to the balcony where he grabbed his broom that he used to fly up to the balcony the previous night. Vixen sat behind him side saddle like a lady as they shot into the sky.

Cedric loved hearing her giggle as they soared recklessly through the clouds while her arms were tightly cinched around his waist.

They flew over the quiet countryside and saw countless sheep and cattle and then there were mountains with thick trees and a large river. In the middle of the mountains Cedric made his broom go into a dive toward an open area.

As they dramatically dove Vixen let a squeal of excitement and surprise escape as they neared their location.

Once on the ground Cedric took her hand and lead her toward the water.

"You like swimming right Vixy?"

Vixen shot him a confused look. "What did you call me?" she asked in an innocent tone.

Cedric smiled more and repeated it. "I called you Vixy! Needed something a bit shorter than Vixen although Vixen is a beautiful name but when it is just you and me I think I'd like to call you Vixy. I know Vix is even shorter but that sounds like a boy's name and you are defiantly no boy. But Vixy isn't the only name you will hear. Vixy and Lady and perhaps my Ice Queen.

Vixen laughed and said all right and seeing as you have started this secret naming I think it fair that I bestow a private name in which I shall call you." She smiled wickedly causing Cedric to smile and then she said, "Copper."

"Copper?" he asked while laughing.

"Yes, Copper! Don't think I don't know your middle name. You forget you cannot hide anything from me even though you can hide much from your peers."

He stepped closer and rested his hands on her hips as he looked into her eyes, "And I will never hide from you and I am grateful you shall only use this name in private."

She chuckled, "So Sir Copper, the King of the Highlands, why have we stopped here?" She called him this for she recalled this in his memory when he was a child. He thought himself the greatest warrior king of all the Highlands and had even built himself a stick sword and had stole one of his mother's skirts to use as a kilt.

"Ouch! The Lady has got sass! I guess the only thing to do is go for a swim to cool off the smoking tongue just burned me with!"

They both were laughing at this childish topic until Cedric took off his shirt and Vixen gasped.

"What?" he asked in a concerned voice.

"Nothing!" She quickly replied with eyes that seemed as though they would pop out of her head at any given moment.

"Well then come on and get it the water!"

Vixen looked at the water and then back at Cedric who was now waist deep in the water.

"Come on!" he cried.

Vixen stared at Cedric and had a thought. With that thought and with his eyes locked with hers, she began to take out the pins holding her hair in place until it tumbled down her back.