Chapter 9

8 days have passed since I morphed and I am not a sure. I can walk around now, it's just painful. Emmett went back to school four days ago followed by Jasper the next day.

  Everyone was home from their busy day now. I sat in the living room with Emmett, Edward, and Jasper. Carlisle was reading a book in his office, Alice and Esme were playing chess, and Rosalie was staring out the big window in the dinning room. "No!" Edward yelled standing up. "What is it?" Jasper asked. I stole his mind reading to figure out was going on.
  The voltouri were coming. "Adeline, give it back!" Edward snarled. I forced it back to him. I sat down on the couch dizzy from what I just saw. "Why?" Alice asked. "Probably because they know we won't come there." Edward answered her. "Anyone care to explain?" Emmett asked.
  "The voltouri are coming here." Edward told him. "Why?" Jasper asked. "For... For me." I spat out. "Shh, don't worry. Everything will be okay." Jasper said running to my side pulling me in for a hug. I was scared. He sent a calm wave over me but I took it away from him.
   He pulled me down on the couch with him, and sat me down on his lap. Thoughts flew by a mile a minute through my head. I feared terribly of what was coming. "Bad, real bad." Edward said answering some ones thoughts. My family was talking but I couldn't hear what they were saying over the loud ripping noise filling the room.
   He clutched me tighter to his chest as I continued to panic. Jasper rocked me back and forth as the loud noise continued. It wasn't until later that I realized the noise was me. It was me sobbing uncontrollably. It was me who hyperventilated. "Is she okay?" I heard Emmett lean over and whisper to Carlisle. "She is just very freaked out right now. Imagine that a big group of bloodsuckers coming to kill you. Would you be scared?" I heard him answer Emmett.

     We all sat in the living room for a few hours as I slowly calmed down not letting Jasper help me. "Adeline, you need to realize that none of that stuff will ever happen to you. We won't let that happen to you. We will help train you to defend yourself. You are safe with us. You are safe." Edward said reading my thoughts. "I know," i said chocking on my words.

After sitting on the couch for two days, I thought it would be a good idea to take a shower. I went upstairs, into Jasper's room, grabbed some clean clothes, and got in the shower. The warm water felt good on my back.
I quickly dried off and slipped into a white crop top and black shorts. I walked towards the door when a piece of paper laying on the big bed caught my attention. I walked over to find the paper with neat handwriting.
My Dear Adeline,
I am sorry I had to leave you. I love you more than you will ever know. Take care of my heart- I left it with you
- Jasper
My scream filled through the air as from downstairs I heard,
She found the note
Oh no
What should we do?
Comfort her

Footsteps came down the hall as the door opened. "But he" I said pointing at the note. "Shh," Rosalie said stroking my hair. A tear ran down my check followed by others. "Alice. That's why Alice was always leaving the room. She was packing his bags." I realized. "And hers. She left as well." Rosalie told me. There was a knock at the door as Edward swiftly appeared. "She is needed downstairs." He said leaving just as quickly as he came.

Rosalie walked in front of me as I made my way downstairs. "Are you okay Adeline?" Emmett asked. I shook my head no. I was not okay. It was as if someone had punched a whole through my chest. "What... What are we going to do?" I asked confused. "We are going to help you stay strong." Esme told me. "What if I don't want to be strong. What if I want to curl up in a ball, cry, and have him come back." I said crying.
"Come here." Esme said opening her arms. I ran to her and she squeezed me into a hug. I hugged her back as she whispered in my ear, "Addie sweetie. You're a little stronger than me still."
"Oh yeah. Sorry" I said letting her go.

I sat in the living room, people coming and going. Emmett, Carlisle, Rosalie, and I were the ones left in the room. I sat curled up against the armrest of the couch with Carlisle next to me. Edward walked into the room. "It's time to go. They will be here tomorrow morning." He said. I stole his mind reading to see what he was talking about. The voltouri would be here tomorrow.