Chapter 5

(Edited)

I went back upstairs to see who was at the door. I opened my front door to see Carlisle standing on my front porch. "Carlisle?" I asked surprised. "Addie, can I come in?" He asked me. "Yeah, sure." I said opening the door wider. He stepped in and walked into the living room.
   "Are you okay?" He asked me. "Uh, yeah. Why?" I told him. "We need to bring you back to the house. Is that okay?" He asked. "Yeah, uh. Do you want me to drive?" I asked. "That's okay. You can ride with me." He said.
   We walked outside to where his car was parked in the driveway. I climbed in the front seat of the car. We drove to the house in silence.
I got out of the car and walked in the big house. Sitting in the living room, was Jasper's family. "Adeline, what we're about to tell you you may not repeat to anyone. And we understand if you want to stay away from us from now on." Carlisle said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused.
"Addie, we're not human. I know this sounds crazy but believe me, there is crazy all around you. We can show you if you don't believe us, but we're vampires." Jasper explained. "But... But, I" I was speechless. In a blink of an eye, Jasper was at my side, lightning fast. I took a step back with my heart racing.
"Do you believe me?" He asked. I just nodded to shocked to respond. "Are you afraid?" He asked coldly. I shook my head again. "Now that you know, you have to make a choice. We can either change you or you will have to be killed." Emmett butted in. "Emmett!" Esme scolded. He put his hands up. "It's okay Addie. We won't hurt you." Edward said. "How did you?" I asked shocked.
"Some of us have special powers. Edward can read minds, Alice can see the future, and Jasper can feel and control emotions." Carlisle explained. I nodded my head again.
"Addie, Addie. Adeline?" I heard. "Huh?" I said snapping back in. "You okay?" Jasper asked. Carlisle started talking to Jasper but his lips moved to fast for me to here what they said. "Come on Addie. It's time to go home." Jasper said grabbing my arm.
He walked me out to Carlisle's car and drove me home. I had so many questions but I just speak. Jasper didn't do anything either.
"Adeline, sweetie. It's time to get out. We're here." He said shaking me. He must have given up because he walked over to my side of the car and opened the door. He unbuckled me and picked me up. He carried me inside and set me down on a chair in the kitchen. He made me a sandwich but I didn't touch it. I couldn't. My body wouldn't move.

   Days past. I sat in the same chair. Esme, Carlisle, Edward, Jasper, and Alice would take turns coming over and making me food. I still didn't touch it. I didn't sleep, I didn't eat, I didn't move. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't move.
   Then finally, one day, I walked myself up to my bed. I'm still not sure how I did it but I broke the trance I was in. I laid in bed thinking bout about what he said. I could either become a vampire or die. I rocked back and forth in my bed. I couldn't breath. Then I started crying and followed by that, hyperventilating.
  "Adeline! Addie. Where are you?" I heard being shout from downstairs. Soon my door opened and Alice ran to my side along with Esme. Alice held my arms down as I twitched. Esme tried to calm me down. "Addie, shh. It's okay. Stop crying. I need you to breath. Deep breath." She said calmly.

   I can't make myself regret making this decision.

   I walked up to the big house.
There, waiting for me was my family.

   "I'm ready."

   I laid on a medical table in a big hospital room at the house. The door closed and in walked Jasper and Carlisle. "Adeline, I wish I could do it but I'm afraid I will hurt you even more. Is it okay if Carlisle does it?" Jasper told me. "Yeah," I managed to get out. I took a deep breath and held it in. Carlisle looked at me with big golden eyes as he sunk his teeth in my neck.

   Jasper's POV

   I squeezed her hand as he bit her neck. She jumped up and down twitching all over. I put my hands on her shoulders trying to pin her down. Carlisle stood up wiping the blood away from his mouth. 'Thank you' I mouthed to him. He nodded and left the room.

   I stood by her side for the next day as she writhed in pain. No one came in the room except Carlisle every few hours to check on her. She sat up with a gasp. She was more beautiful than ever.

   Adeline's POV

   I sat up gasping as I saw the world around me. It was crystal clear. Jasper stood next to me, was he always this beautiful? "Addie, can you hear me?" Jasper asked. "Woah!" I exclaimed. I stood up finding myself at the other side of the room in a flash.

   We walked downstairs where everyone was all over me. It made me very anxious. Suddenly, a thirst ran threw my body as my hands gripped my neck. "What is it!" Jasper asked concerned. "She needs to hunt." Carlisle told me.

   (Lol I'm not going to describe this scene because it is weird)

   After hunting, I went upstairs to work on my appearance. I had dried blood on my clothes and in my hair. After cleaning myself up, I walked downstairs.

Sorry it's so short. I am going to be busy with school for a while so I might not update as frequently but I will try my hardest! Thanks for the reads my lovies😘