Chapter 4

(Edited)

I pulled up to the big house to see Jasper waiting out front for me. I parked the car and got out. "Good morning." He said. "And to you." I replied. He smiled my favorite crooked smile of his.
We walked inside and sat down on the couch. He put his hand on my lap. "So, what would you like to do today?" He asked. "I don't care. I'm up for whatever!" I said happily. "Okay, there is a movie marathon going on today. Want to watch that?" He asked me. "Okay!" I said as he reached for the remote. He flipped through the channels. "Ha! It's old Disney movie marathon." He exclaimed. "Awe! I haven't seen these movies in ages." I told him.
   We sat on the couch together watching the movies. He put his arm around me and we snuggled up. I must have fallen asleep because I don't remember seeing the end of Dumbo.

   I woke up leaning against Jasper's shoulder. "Oh gosh! I'm sorry. I-" I tried to say sitting up. "Shh, that's okay. You were tired. It happens to everyone." He said pushing me back onto him. I heard a chuckle from Emmett in the other room. I leaned back against him and watching Beauty and the Beast. He hummed the same unfamiliar tune. I drifted back to sleep with him.

  I woke up again at 7:49 pm. "Oh I'm so sorry. You have school in the morning I should probably go." I said sitting up. "That's okay, I can stay up late." He told me. "No, I know what it use to be like having to go to school tired." I stood up. "Use to?" He asked. "I use to go to school. Now I'm looking for a homeschool teacher." I explained. "Esme home-schools. I'm sure she wouldn't mind teaching you." He said. "Are you sure?" I asked him. "Yeah, I'll have her give you a call." He told me. "Okay, I'll see you Friday I guess?" He asked. "Yeah, see you then." I said walking out to my car.

   I decided to clean up a bit while my dinner cooked. My phone began ringing in that process.
   'Hello?
'Hey Addie! It's Esme.
Hey.
Jasper said you needed someone to homeschool you?
Yeah,
I can if you'd like
Yeah, that be awesome thanks
No problem when is good for you?
I was thinking a normal school schedule?
Okay, when do you want to start?
Is tomorrow okay
Yep see you then
Okay, thanks again

   I ate my dinner quietly. I then went upstairs, took a shower, and climbed in bed. I snuggled with my cat for a while until I fell asleep.

  I woke up, changed into a pair of jeans and a grey shirt. I walked downstairs, made a bowl of fruit, and got a spot ready for Esme. After I finished, I waited for Esme to arrive.
   There was a knock at the door and I went to go see her. I unlocked the door and welcomed her in. "Hi! Thanks so much for doing this." I said holding the door open.
It was actually quite easy. I knew most of the stuff. I thanked her again and we sat down talking. "Oh Adeline. You have no idea what you have done to Jasper. He is a whole another person. He is so in love with you. The way he talks about you. I wish you could understand what you did to him. It's like he's in a trance, the trance of love." She told me.
After our conversation, she left and I decided to go downstairs. I sat at the little second hand upright the previous owners supplied me with. I tried to remember a song.
I messed around with the keys until the song my mom taught me, the one she walked down the isle to, and began playing poachable's canon.
I played the song as a tears slowly flowed from my eyes. As the song drifted to an end, I felt a cool hand on my shoulder. "Shh, it's okay. I'm right here." He said spinning me around on the bench to face him. His cold hands wiped a tear from my eye.
He slid his arm under my legs and put a hand on my back and carefully lifted me into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he held me. I cried into his shirt as he clutched me close to him. He swayed back and forth trying to calm me.
"Do you want me to help?" He whispered in my ear. I shook my head. "You don't have to fight alone." He responded. "You can't do much." I said through my sobs. I felt a calm sensation come over me. I grabbed the back of his shirt and clenched it in my fists.

He walked me back upstairs. We sat down on the couch. He pulled me back into his arms. "Shh, it's okay. It's 8 o'clock. You can go to sleep if you'd like." He told me. I did what he said. I snuggled up with him and closed my eyes.
I woke up in bed. I was dressed in a pair of sweat pants and a tank top. Laying on the bed next to me, was Jasper. I sat up looking around. Jasper, rolled over with a moan and woke up. "How did-" I asked. "I carried you up and put you to bed. I hope you don't mind that I dressed you, you looked really uncomfortable in those jeans." He told me. I flushed a red. "No, that's fine. Thank you. School!" I cried remembering.
"That's okay, it's only three in the morning. I will trade shifts with Esme when she comes over for your lesson." He explained. "Trade shifts?" I repeated. "Yeah, we figured you are lonely so starting today we will trade turns coming over three times a day making you a meal, straightening up the house, and helping you with any problems." He explained.
"Okay, thank you." I said not really sure of what he said. "Jasper?" I asked sleepily. "Yes dear?" He asked me. "Are you going to leave me?" I asked concerned. "Not unless you want me too." He responded. "Never." I told him. "Then I will be right here." He explained. I scooted over to him and laid in his arms. I grabbed his shirt pulling me tight to his side.

"Adeline, wake up my love." Jasper said shaking me. I mumbled something I wasn't sure of and flung my arm through the air hitting what I'm guessing was Jasper. I heard him chuckle. "I need to go to school. I need to get you ready before I leave. Esme will be here for lunch and I will do dinner." He said getting out of bed. He walked up to my closet and picked me out an outfit. "I will get breakfast ready, you get dressed. I will see you downstairs." He said leaving the room.
I climbed out of bed and put on the clothes he picked out and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my hair putting it in a messy bun and washed my face. After I finished, I walked downstairs to find Jasper making me an omelet. He set the plate in front of me and kissed me on the cheek and left.
After I finished my breakfast, I walked upstairs to brush my teeth. There, laying on the bed, was white rose and note reading
I will be back tonight. I leave my heart with you. Don't let it go.
With all my love,
Jasper

I picked it up examined over it a few times, folded it up, and slid it into my pocket. I brushed my teeth and went back downstairs. I decided to try the piano again. I sat down and started playing a different song I knew when I heard the doorbell ring.