Chapter 3

(Edited)

Adeline's POV

I woke up to see a doctor with blond hair and pale skin sitting next to me. "She's awake! She awoken!" He cried. I sat up as sharp pain shot through my head. My hand flew up to my head in reaction to find a bright green cast running running up my arm past my elbow.
Doctors shuffled in and out giving me treatment and medicine and checking on me. After everyone had left I realized I had awoken. My parents were gone now and I wouldn't see them till my time had come. I started crying not trying to stop the tears. The door flung open as a kid I recognize from school, Jasper, came and knelt by my side. "Adeline, what's the matter dear?" He asked me. "Jasper!" I gasped in shock. "I've been so worried!" He exclaimed. "Why, you just met me yesterday?" I asked confused. "You don't-" he didn't get to finish because another doctor came in and took him out of the room.

   I have been awake for 14 days now and have not had any visitors besides the doctors after Jasper came. I was freed from the hospital now but the only place I had to go was our new house. Alone. I was escorted home by Dr. Cullen. We rode home in silence. I thanked him as I hurried in the house noting the fact I was only wearing a hospital gown. He gave me a card with his work number and personal number on it for emergencies.
   I went upstairs after thanking him for everything and got in the shower. It felt so good to be clean. I changed into a grey knit sweater dress with long sleeve that was actually quite comfy. I made myself an actual meal because all I've ate is hospital junk. I sat down and ate a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of soup and pulled out my phone. There was no new stuff. I turned it off, cleaned up my mess, and went upstairs to get some sleep. I fell asleep quite easily not knowing how tired I really was.

   I woke up to see it was 6:45 pm the next day. I got up and changed into a pair of jeans and a purple cardigan and went downstairs. I ate some food and decided to watch tv since I was lonely around here. I must have fallen back asleep because I woke up at 8:23 the next morning. I went upstairs to get something where I tripped up the spiral staircase on the top step reaching out for the end table for support when I sliced my finger on a nail sticking out. I cleaned it up noticing the blood stain on my shirt so I went to go change. I changed into a pale yellow dress with blue flowers on it that my mom gave me for my 16th birthday. Putting it on made me cry.
   There was a knock at the door so I went to go answer it to see who it was. Standing on my front porch with a huge grin stood Alice. I opened the door with a smile trying to dry up the tears. "Hey Addie! What's wrong?" She asked looking at my tear stained face. "Oh just nothing. Here come in." I said motioning her in.
   "Thanks, I wanted to see how you were doing. I was also wondering if you would like to come over?" She asked stepping inside. "I, uh. Sure. Yeah let me get ready." I stuttered. "Okay, I will wait here for you." She said as I ran upstairs to put on some makeup and get my shoes. I slipped on a pair of grey ballet flats, grabbed my brown purse off the hook and joined Alice outside. "Do you want to take your car?" She asked me. "Yeah sure. How did you get here by the way?" I asked her. "Oh, Edward dropped me off." She said with a smile getting in the front seat.
She instructed me on to get to the house as I drove slowly having no idea where I was heading. Finally we pulled up to a big wooden house with a big wrap around porch on the first level of a three story house. "We're here!" She exclaimed.
We got out of the car which we parked on the front drive just out front, and walked to the door. There, ready to great us, stood Dr. Cullen and I am assuming his wife Esme. "Hello, Addie. You are looking much better." He said as we asked inside. "Yes, very. Thank you." I replied. "It's very nice to meet you." The lady said hugging me. "I am Esme by the way. This is my husband Carlisle as you have already met." She told me. "Hello, Esme. Dr. Cullen." I acknowledged. "Please, call me Carlisle." He said. "Okay, Carlisle." I responded.
We sat down in the living room and talked for a few minutes about the new home and adjusting. Then, there was a gasp coming from the staircase. I turned around to see who it was to find Jasper staring wide eyed at me. "Hi Jasper." I said breaking the silence. "Hello Adeline." He said with a twinkle in his eye. Edward cleared his throat and stood up. "Carlisle, Esme." He said as they followed him out of the room.
We sat in the living room staring at each other. His liquid gold eyes were mesmerizing. "Adeline, would you like to join me a walk in the forest?" He asked. "Uh... Yeah. Sure I'd love too." I said as we both stood up.
We walked out the back door and under the canopy of trees. "Adeline, do you remember the day when I came to see you at the hospital?" He asked me. "Uh, yeah. Why?" I asked confused. "Well, you see that day was my first day back to school. I received a call from Carlisle that day saying you woke up. I made an excuse of being tired from time changes cause I went to Greenland supposedly while you were in the coma. I rushed to the hospital to see you. I was so upset when I came in and saw you crying. I asked if you were okay and your response was 'why, I just met you yesterday'. But it wasn't just yesterday. That was two weeks ago. I had stayed by your side everyday and when you said that, I could practically hear my heart breaking. I don't mean to make you feel guilty or anything, but Addie, I have never met a girl like you before. I know this sounds weird but being away from you makes me anxious. I hope you feel the same for me as I do for you." He explained.
"Jasper, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. You are one the most caring, handsome, boys I have ever met. I don't exactly feel anxious but I do feel a spark when I'm with you. To be honest I get nervous being around you." I admitted. "Well then Ms. Adeline Bale, will you the honors of making me a happy man and going out with me?" He asked. "I would absolutely love that." I responded and he twirled be around. "Well, let's head back." He said. We held hands and walked back
   Jasper's family was sitting in the living room waiting for us. They said congratulations me we made our way upstairs. "No bed?" I asked. "No, I have the couch though." He replied. "Okay," I said taking a seat on the couch. "So, Adeline. Tell me more about yourself." Jasper said sitting down on the couch with me.
   I told him about how I had lived in Paris, London, and Alaska. How my dad died when I was 11. And my friend Niamh. Then he told me about how he came from Texas. "Addie, did you know that Carlisle is from London also?" He asked me. "No, I didn't." I told him.
   We sat on the couch for a while. I looked down at my watch to see it was 9:56 pm. "Oh gosh, I should probably get home. It's late." I said standing up. "Okay, are you sure?" He asked. "Uh, yeah." I said standing up. "You seem scared. Do you want to stay the night here?" He asked. "That's okay, I need to get home to Brinkley anyways." I said walking towards the door. "Okay, well I will walk you out." He said standing up with me.
He walked me downstairs and I said goodnight to everyone and went to my car. I climbed in and drove home in the night.

I took a fast shower and climbed in bed with my cat and fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. I reached over to my nightstand where it sat. I accepted the ring and sat up in bed. "Hello," I said sleepily. "Hey Addie. It's Jasper, I was wondering if you wanted to come over again. I have school tomorrow so I won't see you till Friday." He said through the phone. "Yeah, I uh. Let me get ready. I will be over in a few minutes. "Okay, sorry if I woke you up." "No, no. I've been awake for ever." "Addie, it's 8:00" "what ever. See you soon. " I hung up and climbed out of bed.
I got dressed in a pair of jeans and shirt with the ankle boots. I French braided my hair, put on some makeup, and walked out the door.