"Y-Yeah, I'll eat it in a minute." He took it in his hand, rushing down to his bedroom. I couldn't get a word in before he was gone in a flash, retreating back to the bed he had been living in.

This wasn't Connor?

This wasn't my Connor?

Why was he so different?

"I'm going for a run." He smiled, appearing once again, a couple of minutes later. He had seemed to eat fast, and I watched as he leapt into his trainers.

"Gotta get myself in shape Troye boy." He giggled, his face finally lightening for the first time in two days.

"You would tell me if something was wrong right?" I asked, pausing my editing to take a look at his expression. He nodded solemnly, walking up to my breakfast chair.

"Of course I would koala, I love you." He pecked my nose,, rushing out of the door before I spoke again. I nodded to myself, taken back by his unusual behaviour.

There was definitely something wrong.

-Time Skip-

I had been cleaning all morning. Yes, it was a foreign task for me to do, but I found it oddly amusing in Connor's apartment. I felt the need to take care of him, look after his fragile soul.

As I began to tidy our bedroom, I started to pick up the glass, sitting on the cabinet. I gripped it with my free hand, but to my dismay, it slipped to the floor, crashing and rolling under his beds frame.

I bent down, and reached to get the item. In that moment, my heart immediately sunk. Sat there underneath his bed laid his breakfast, still yellow and ripe, obviously untouched.

A banana.

He had lied to me.

I looked further underneath his bed and gasped as I saw the image. My eyes widened at the sight of suddenly items of food, plates and bowls stacked in front of my eyes. The floor was covered in food, old and new. It had been specially hidden from view, and I was instantly rendered confused.

Was he not eating?

I went to grab my phone, dialling Ricky's number. He spent the most time with Connor as I had toured around the world. He could have an idea, I thought.

He picked up on the first ring, his breathing laboured and obvious panting coming from the other line.

"Ricky?" I questioned, waiting a few seconds for him to catch his breath. I forgot he was out running with Connor, and I immediately felt bad for pausing their session.

"I, I was just a-about to r-ring you!" He rasped, breathing into the phone. "I-it's C-Con." He panicked, his worry evident in his tone of voice.

"W-What?" I had began to freak out , flapping around the before on in a panic. "What's wrong Ricky?" I asked sceptically, pressing him for an answer.

"I-I've had to call an ambulance Troye." He breathed, talking again before o could cut in. "Don't worry, he's fine I'm sure, but he collapsed and wouldn't wake for a while. Il with some people right now. He's awake and in the recovery position, but he's still a little groggy, so we thought he should be checked out." Ricky was rambling, sentences that I didn't even understand. I was too busy getting my own shoes on and rushing for the car.

"I-I think I k-know what it is." I replied, beginning to start the engine. "I'll meet you at the hospital Rick." Listened to his absent reply, relaxing as I heard the ambulance arrive on the other side of the line. They would make sure he was safe, surely?

-Time Skip-

Ricky and I had been sat in the waiting room for over two hours, discussing our assumptions as to why my loved one and his best friend was lying just along the corridor in a hospital bed.

We talked about his eating habits, and I learned that while I was away he had began to develop a weird obsession with fitness again, along with trying to skip meals to lose weight.

Ricky had been trying to tell him to stop, but he had been withering away, starving himself for a reason that neither of us knew.

I didn't realise I was crying until I felt a hand on my shoulder, massaging me to a calm place as Ricky persisted with comforting me. He looked teary eyed as he worried over his friend, but I physically felt sick. I was shaking, choking on my apparent sobs. Connor was my sweetheart and to see him in pain put me in pain.

"He will be okay Mr Mellet, we will make sure of that." We were turned around to be faced with a woman, a doctor, stood right beside us. She began to lead me to my boyfriend, and smiled as I rushed to his sleeping form.

"He is severely dehydrated and malnourished, so we have attached him to a drip to try and instigate some fluids back into his body." The woman's smile had faded, and she put a hand on my shoulder. "Do you think Connor has been eating his daily requirement?" She asked, nodding knowingly as I disagreed, explaining what I had earlier found.

"Don't worry Mr Mellet, we will provide him with the help he needs. You just need to be there for him." She gave me one last smile before strutting away, rushing to her next patient. This left me with him, all alone in his private room.

I took the seat at his bedside, beige clasping his clammy fingers. He looked paler than this morning, his features thinner as he was no longer drowned in a jumper. He was thinner than me, completely stick like. His bony arms looked as if they would snap, and I stomped my finger along his fragile form.

"W-why?" I whimpered, not realising that my tears had dropped on his arm. I gulped back the lump in my throat and persisted with kissing the top of his head as I stroked his hair back.

"I-I loved you j-just the way you were, y-you didn't need t-to do t-th-this." I cried, burying my head into his shoulder.

I felt him shift, waking at the touch of my form. I felt his hand on my hair, weakly stroking it as I sobbed into him.

"W-Why?" I sobbed again, gripping his hospital gown.

"I wanted to be like you." He whispered, his voice hoarse after not using it for a while.

"But b-baby y-you w-were already perfect, better t-than me!" I protested, gripping his hand in a bid to make him see. "Y-you're perfect to me." I stated, watching his tears fall.

"T-Tro." He whimpered, his shoulders quaking as he came to terms with his situation.

"Yes darling?" I cooed, taking a seat on the edge of his bed. He fell into my embrace, sobbing violently with fear.

"P-please h-help m-me." He cried, his face red and puffy as I wiped his agonising tears.

"Always." I nodded, pressing my forehead against his. "I love you Connor."

A/N

Not great....

Not edited.... So sorry about typos...

Becca xx