16, slughorns night

>>SLUGHORNS NIGHT<<

Slughorn's Christmas party was tomorrow and Harry had asked me if I wanted to go with him, as friends. Draco was not happy about it but I didn't care to much about it.
Right now I was in the library with Harry and Hermione. Hermione is fuming about Ron and Lavender. I can tell that she's obviously just trying to hide the fact of how hurt she is because he's with her.

"He's perfectly happy to kiss whoever he likes. I really couldn't care less." Hermione sneers.

"That's a lie." I whisper to Harry who grins and nods.

"Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Now seeing the circumstances I've had to make other arrangements." Hermione explains.

"Have you? Who are you taking?" I ask her.

"Umm it's a surprise." Hermione says.
I look across the library and see Draco siting at a table alone.

"Excuse me guys, but I need to ask Malfoy something about our project." I lie. I walk to the table and sit across from him.

"Did mum tell you?" I ask nervously.

"What?" He replies obviously not on the same lines as myself.

"I'm not spending Christmas at the Malfoy Manners this year, I agreed to follow Isaac to the Weasley's this year so we can spend Christmas together." I explain.

"Seriously Selena? I was really looking forward to being with you," he explains and it's obvious that he's disappointed having to go home by himself.

"Yeah me too.., tomorrow I'm attending Professor Slughorn's Christmas Party with Harry and then I'm off to the Weasley's for Christmas." I explain.

"So, I just wanted to say, have a nice holiday Draco." I say and wink at him but when I'm ready to turn around and leave the library. I feel him grab ahold of my arm.
"If this is the last I'll be seeing of you I want a real goodbye" he explains as he makes me follow him into the back shelves of the library. The thick coat of dust covering the books here tells me how nobody ever comes to look at these. Draco releases his grin on my arm just enough to have it slide down entangling his fingers with mine, and he does he same with his other hand. 
He slowly leans in kissing my lips gently as if he's scared of breaking me. But I bite down on his bottom lip when I get the chance and he starts kissing me more passionately following my actions.

He lets me go way to early but I follow him back to the common room where he walks me to my bedroom and kisses me goodnight.

The next day Hermione and I spend most of it preparing for Slughorn's party.

"So who are you going with then?" I ask her.

She turns and faces me, "McGlaggen." She groans and her cheeks turns red in embarrassment. I burst into a fit of laughter.

"It's not funny!" She yells.

"Why are you going with him? You hate him!" I remind her incase she had forgotten.

"I thought it would annoy Ron the most. Now hurry we don't have much time." Hermione snaps.

I braid my hair to the side fairly quickly and I slip into my dress. As I throw on my silver heels Hermione gasps.

"You look stunning Selena!" I laugh at Hermione's remark.

"Look in the mirror, Ron will be extremely jealous." I explain. I hear a knock on the door, and I open it to see McGlaggen.

"Hey Cormac, Hermione is putting on her shoes." I explain.

"Who are you going with?" He asks smirking

"Harry." I mutter.

Cormac greats Hermione and they leave. Shortly after that Harry comes and picks me up and we leave as well.

"Thanks again for going with me Selena." Harry states.

"Of course Harry, now let's keep an eye on Cormac so he doesn't do anything towards Hermione." I explain and he laugh. As we walk in I see a bunch of people I don't really know,

"This is going to be bloody boring, isn't it?" I ask Harry and he nods and grins at me.

After sitting around talking to Harry for ages, suddenly a huge commotion happens. And I'm intrigued to go up to the front to see what's going on.

I pear to the front only to see Flitch dragging Draco into the room.

"Get your hands off me! You filthy squib." Draco snaps as Flitch drags him to Slughorn.

"Professor Slughorn sir, I discovered this boy
lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to be invited to your party."

"Okay okay! I was gate crashing! Happy?" Draco asks.

"I'll escort him out." Snape hisses glaring at Draco.

"Certainly; Professor." Draco responds yanking his coat out of Flitch's hand. They exit the party together. Draco didn't as much as throw a quick glare at me. Maybe it's because of all these people or maybe he didn't even care?

"That was, interesting." Harry explains sounding just as curious as I was.

"Are you thinking the same thing as I'm thinking?" I ask him and he nods knowing exactly what I am thinking.

We run out the big party and look for where they might have gone. We decide on running down the corridor to the left. And as we're about to turn a corner I halt hearing quiet voices. We peak our heads down another hallway and see Draco and Snape.

"Maybe I did hex the Bell girl, maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Draco asks Snape. Professor Snape pushes Draco into the wall and snaps,

"I swore to protect you! I made the unbreakable vow!" Draco pushes Snape off of him.

"I don't need protection! I was chosen for this. Out of all others me, I won't fail him!" Draco snaps.

"You're afraid Draco. You try to conceal it but it's obvious. And the Hope girl isn't making it any better. Let me help you." I can feel Harry burn his eyes at me in confusion and I swear under my breath but choose to ignore him.

"No I was chosen it's my moment!" Draco snaps. Then Draco leaves walking in the direction of the common room and he leaves Snape behind.

I turn to Harry. "Maybe we should just head back to our common rooms?" I ask Harry and he nods acting like he wasn't staring at me just now.

"I should go get Hermione first though." He says and I laugh at the thought of Hermione alone in there with Cormac, looking for the two of us to protect her.

"Yeah you defiantly should, I'll see you tomorrow." We say our goodbyes and I walk of to the dungeons.

A million thoughts race through my mind. What would Voldemort ask Draco to do? Maybe Harry is right maybe Draco being a death eater. It wouldn't be completely unthinkable considering my brother is. But I remember that time on the Hogwarts express where he promised he would tell me if anything happened.

When I get back to my dorm I mediately drift of to sleep.

A/n: nooo Hermione is not jealous at all I mean of course not *sarcastic voice* hehe, please leave a comment and vote it means the world to me.

xx