Chapter 8

Short chapter, because I split this chapter into two parts. One is Josh' point of view, and one in Chloe's.

Josh

"You guys ready?" I asked my bandmates.

Currently we were backstage waiting to play our last show - for three months at least.

"I guess." Lucas mumbled.

To say we were a little depressed would be an understatement.

"Look," I sighed, "I know this situation sucks. But we've got to make the most of it. Who knows, we might just find some news friends, hobbies, maybe even a girlfriend."

"No thanks. Kalani will always be my number one, even if she doesn't know it. Yet." Nick smiled to himself.

"And uh, I think maybe - well there's this-"

"We get it, Brandon," Lucas groaned, "you and Paige are dating!"

"N-no we're not!" Brandon defended himself.

"Fine. You guys are the couple who's not actually a couple, but it's 'complicated'." I explained.

Brandon just rolled his eyes.

"Well who knows, " I said to Lucas, "you and I just might find ourselves some girlfriends."

"I doubt it." Lucas laughed.

(That last part totally wasn't foreshadowing. The hell you thinking? ;-))

"Boys," the stage manager told us, "you're on."

We nodded and got our instruments. (Or in Nick's case, his drumsticks.)

"You guys ready to kill it?" I smirked.

"Oh yeah. Let's make this amazing." Nick smiled.

-

We got onstage and the crowd cheered.

I could tell I was gonna get really sweaty. It was unusually warm for October; maybe about 75° at the warmest. The venue was outdoor, so you could look up and see the stars up above. A pretty artsy picture, if you ask me.

"How's everybody doing tonight?" I yelled into the microphone.

In response, I received loads of cheering and applause.

"Alright, we just wanna thank you all for coming here tonight, and here's Wrist Bands!"

-

About halfway through the show, when we were talking with audience, someone yelled something that my blood run cold.

"Why the hell were you guys even arrested, anyway?"

I pretended not to hear it, but Lucas (being the idiot he was) responded.

"Well, I mean kids make mistakes. We're still learning, and it's probably never gonna happen again." He smiled to the audience.

"Probably? So that means it'll happen again in, like, ten-ish years?" Someone yelled out.

"Well, no-"

"That's what they all say, Lucas! Don't deny it!"

"Lucas, you idiot!" I hissed at him.

He sheepishly looked at me. "Sorry."

I just rolled my eyes, and started the chords of our next song.

-

When the show was almost over, I noticed a short blond girl in the audience.

In my opinion, she was quite pretty, so I sent her a flirty wink.

Well, I guess she must've been s fan, because her eyes went wide and she hit the girl sitting next to her in stomach.

I just chuckled, and snag my part of the song.

-

We got back to our dressing room ad grabbed some water.

I pulled out my phone and started taking selfies.

"Why are you taking selfies?" Lucas groaned.

"Because I can."

He rolled his eyes, and went back to whatever he was doing.

We took showers (yes, there were showers at the venue) and headed towards the back door.

I reached for the doorknob, and opened it.

I didn't really expect anything. I mean what do you expect when you open doors; you hit a pretty blonde girl and you end up pissing her short tempered friend off?

Yes, that's exactly what happened.

-

Next chapter being posted soon ;-)