Chapter 8: The Surprise

(y/n) dodged all of Undyne's attacks with ease. She smirked and watched as Undyne grew tired, leaving (y/n) to dance around in celebration.

"Alright punk. You're officially better than me, but don't think that this is an excuse." Undyne claimed and walked inside heading towards the box of tea. "Want anymore?" She asked, (y/n) shook her head and opened her phone. She dialed Sans and waited for him to pick up.

"You called?" (y/n) heard Sans say from behind her. She smiled brightly and punched Sans, quickly regretting it realizing he was a skeleton. Sans chuckled, and looked over at Undyne, then back at (y/n). "I got somethin' to show you kid." Sans claimed quietly, gripping onto her hand. He started walking into dark rooms, and with (y/n) not knowing where they were going, she started worrying a bit.

"Uh, Sans? Mind telling me where we're going?" (y/n) asked, peering through the darkness, it was like having ink in her eyes.

"I figured, you're getting closer to the end of your journey... and I wanted to show you something before you go." Sans didn't bother looking back at her, he kept looking forward, still holding her hand. They were now a little farther from Undyne's house.

"Sans! Stop lying you know that I'm nowhere near the end of my journey." She stated, tugging on Sans' hand. Sans shook his head in a joyful manner.

"Okay.. here we are. Shhh.." Sans turned to (y/n), and he looked into her eyes. He snapped his fingers, (y/n) noticed that his left eye was a light shade of blue before a light started in his hand. The whole room around them lit up, flowers shined blue, walls were shaded with purple, and there were glowing rocks on the cieling, mimicking stars. (y/n) gasped and looked around the room, she heard the echo flowers talking about how beautiful it was down here.

"Sans... ths is amazing!" She said before turning to Sans, who was sitting by an echo flower. He reached out for her hand, and she grabbed and interlocked her fingers with him. Her heart was pounding and she never wanted it to end. The echo flower Sans was sitting by echoed what she just said.

"Follow my lead." Sans said before whispering into the echo flower. (y/n) tilted her head and listened to it.

Knock Knock

(y/n) whispered back into the echo flower as she sat on her knees, the cold ground brushed against her skin.

Who's there?

Sans thought about what knock knock joke he should do, then quickly came up with an idea.

A broken pencil.

(y/n) eyed Sans and she smirked, knowing what the joke was. She whispered back into the flower, her (h/c) hair falling over her eyes.

A broken pencil who?

Sans replied,

Never mind, it's pointless.

That's when (y/n) fell back holding her stomach in pain as she laughed. Sans watched her with a warm smile, she looked back up at him, all she wanted to do was to go up next to him, and lay inbetween him and his jacket, keeping herself warm. She realized that'll be another dream, just like finding Frisk. (y/n) scooted a little closer to Sans, he studied her up and down, he looked at her (e/c) orbs, to her boots.

Behind Sans, (y/n) noticed Flowey, she growled under her breath, and watched as Flowey smirked. Sans looked behind him, to where (y/n) was looking, but there was nothing there.

"You okay kid?" He questioned. (Y/n) looked away slightly and stood.

"I gotta go.." She stated, "I need to go help the others." She turned around and had a slight frown on her face, she hated leaving Sans behind, but it was for both of their own good. Sans nodded following quickly after her. "Hey Sans, why didn't the skeleton cross the waterfall?" (y/n) asked lifting up the mood.

"I don't know (y/n), why didn't he?" Sans asked, one of his eyesockets closed, he had a huge grin on his face. Bigger than his normal grin.

"Because he didn't have the guts to do it!" (y/n) stated winking at Sans.

"Man, that joke was as bad as Papyrus' spaghetti." Sans claimed and snickered. (y/n) pushed him slightly, he grabbed onto her sleeve and pulled her down with him as he fell on the ground. (y/n) was now atop Sans, their foreheads touching once again. They both laughed, Sans opened both his eyesockets to see a young girl, racing to save her timeline.

"Well Sans.." (y/n) started, she was staring at Sans, "I wish I could stay for a little longer, but I love helping everyone. I heard Undyne talk about the 'royal scientist' named Alphys. I'm gonna go to Hotlands and see if she's there." She smiled brightly, and Sans looked to the side and grabbed his forehead. He was smiling like an idiot, and (y/n) climbed off of him.

"Hey, kiddo, if you ever want a friend to talk to, you've got a whole lump of bones sitting around." Sans chuckled at his thoughts. (y/n) knelt down and held Sans' cheekbones in her palms. They both closed their eyes as they started leaning into each other, Sans wrapped his arms around (y/n)'s waist, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"SANS? HUMA- UH I MEAN... (Y/N)? WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?" Papyrus interrupted causing Sans and (y/n) instantly to break away from each other. They were both blushing madly, Sans rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly before looking Papyrus in the eyes. (y/n)'s cheeks were dusted with a magenta coloring.

"Uhm.. Imma just go now.." (y/n) stated, she turned around quickly, she raced past Undyne's house, but with slight curiosity, she walked up to the orange and white houses. She knocked on the white houses door. Suddenly a ghost appeared and opened the front door.

"Hello...?" It asked, (y/n) smiled slightly.

"Hi, what's your name?" She asked as the ghost's expression changed lightly. It had a small smile on it's plain white face.

"Napstablook......" He stated, (y/n) tilted her head. "Wanna race?" Napstablook asked floating over to the right.

"'Course! What type of race is it?" She asked following Blooky (That's his nickname). Blooky led her to a small race track with three snails.

"Snail race.. Encourage your snail and try to make it to the finish.... wanna try for 10 gold?" Blooky questioned. (y/n) sighed and placed her hands in her pockets, pulling them inside out.

"I guess not.. I don't have any gold.. Sorry to waste your time." She frowned, and turned her back to Blooky.

"Hey... you can try for no gold. And maybe after we could go inside my house and... I don't know do whatever you want to..." Blooky floated over to (y/n) and smiled. She agreed and ran excitedly over to the race track. The race began and (y/n)'s snail wasn't winning.

"C'mon! I know you can do it!" She exclaimed, the race was really slow but eventually it came to a stop.

"Well... you didn't win... how about we go inside...?" Blooky floated over to his house and went inside. (y/n) ran after.

"I don't care if my snail lost! It was pretty fun!" She yelled with excitement. "So what now?"

"I like to lay on the ground... it's a family tradition.." Blooky said, he barely floated above the ground, he scooched a bit to where (y/n) could lay beside him. "Stay still, but whenever you want to stop, just start moving..." Blooky instructed. (y/n) nodded and stood still for as long as she could, soon she started seeing basically the whole galaxy. Her eyes brightened when looking at the wonderful pictures.

"This is amazing Napstablook..." She claimed staring up. Napstablook nodded and gave her a patient smile.

~

Sorry that took so long guys!! I wanted to make this chapter extra special for my creepers! Feel free to comment your own jokes that you would like me to use in the story, I would love to include them.

Hope you enjoyed chapter eight!!

Remember: Always Stay Creepy <3<3