Chapter 38

Chapter 38
Marcus
I lied in my bed, feeling like a zombie. Slowly I was dying. My heart had stopped beating and every muscle in my body had given up. My brain was tired of working and the blood had stopped flowing.
It was only an hour ago when Isaac had unleashed the plan to everyone. It seemed that he was waiting for the final piece of the puzzle. Me.
His plan was to hit all the estates we had hit before. But harder this time. Though all of them have repaid their debts in some way or another, Isaac still thought it necessary for us to revisit the estates. Which made me begin to worry.
Pinecone Manner was on that list. I haven't heard from or seen from Patrick since the last time I was at Pinecone Manner. And I'm pretty sure we didn't end on good terms. Specialling seeing that the last time I was there involved forcing his, I guess now wife, to pee on a stick, tying him and his wife to a chair, oh and let's not forget the fact that, that visit ended with Patrick getting stabbed and being in a comma for a week.
Somehow, my brain moved to Lilly. How was she doing? How was her side doing? What did she think of me now? 
I already knew that. She hated me. Thought that I was nothing but the demon. Something she goes to church to get away from. I was the monsters in her night terrors. The main thing her parents wanted to protect her from. But I got through.
I knew it was wrong for me to get involved with her. I could feel it in my bones. Isaac's words had always haunted my thoughts, but I chose to ignore them. I chose to fall in love and put her in danger.
What if it was me? What if it was Lilly that had to be forced to do all the things Rose was? What if it was my estate that was under threat again?
I sat up realizing what I had to do. Looks like I'm buying a train ticket.

Lilly
I sat on the floor by my bed, cradling a bottle of rum that I had stolen from the cellar. It was sweet but burned the back of my throat. But it was working. I could barely remember that guy's name.
My head felt light and I believed I could do anything. Fly, jump out of the window and survive, live without Marcus.
I dropped my head as I realized that I could remember his name. I could remember every little thing about him. His Italian background, his big brown puppy dog eyes, warm, protective arms. And now that was all was tainted by the memory of the past three nights.
He was a killer, a murderer, he was someone that I was told never ever to talk to. But I had down more than just talk to him.
I had slept with him, spent a week with him, welcomed him into my bed and my bedroom, and gave him my heart.
I dropped my head into my hands and cried.
The night terrors had come back. And there no one that I could trust to count sheep.